• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

8 months ago diagnoised with Crohn's

new at this Crohn's forum.im 57 years old and have been diagnoised 8 month ago with Crohn's in my intestine..sometimes feel like I will never get my life back.so tired of sore stomache and diarrheah.was on azathioprine,got pancreasis from that ,now on methotrexate.i felt good for amonth now everytime I eat anything get bad cramps and diarrheah.is this what they call flareups?what causes it?i loose a couple of pounds aweek.cant gain back any.i am on medical marihuana,which helps with the pain.is all this normal?

It sounds like you are not yet in remission and that your methotrexate rise may need to be increased or you need to be taking something else entirely. Pancreatitis can take a long time to resolve (took me over six months for my enzymes to normalize after trying 6MP for just a few weeks). I would definitely contact your GI and have a discussion about medication.

Good luck! it took me about 6 mo to a year to get into full remission after getting my medication doses in the right spot. I'm on remicade and azathioprine.

It takes time for drs to figure out the right medications. Keep a log of the food you eat, and what happens after you eat it (cramping, gas, immediate need to use the bathroom). It can help the doctors figure out the best medication for you. Good luck!!