Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Could Just Scream!

06-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #31
Tuff

My Support Groups:
[QUOTE=Bufford;981258]Crohn's is the thief of life,
I had hoped that I had enough between my home and my finances to buy a cottage next to my nephew's but that was simply not possible. I will have to live my remaining years here a thousand miles away, the cost of living would not allow me to move to that part in eastern Ontario, its too costly for me to live there.

What about renting? I've been thinking of moving to Ottawa since I have family there and the winters aren't as brutal. There's no way I could afford to buy a house there, so renting would be my only option. It would definitely be a big change, but I'd trade it for not having such a long cold winter.
06-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #32
Bufford

My Support Groups:
I have thought about the renting option as well, the area I am looking at moving to is Apsley Ontario, and the cottage would be on Anstruther lake. I am also looking at the possibility of buying a place on the lake that has year round road access and live there year round negating the need to find a place to rent/buy. In any case the move will be difficult after living in this place for 35 years, but given its remoteness I won't be able to stay here as aging goes on and a warmer summer would be nice. Summers are truly awful around here unless one likes a lot of rain and cool damp conditions.
06-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #33
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Good luck in finding a place! Change is hard for me. I started last year by getting rid of a lot of accumulated stuff, bit by bit. Donated hundreds of books to Value Village, tons of clothes, so when the time comes, it won't be such a chore. Funny how stuff accumulates. I'm finding it harder to keep up the yard and garden, and it's not even that big. This fatigue is just not letting up.
06-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #34
Bufford

My Support Groups:
This is something that many of us older people will have to go through at some point and it will be painful. I have a hard time comprehending what home will be like in the new place after having made this place home for most of my life time. It will be hard, but in the long run the right decision. To be able to enjoy a real summer where even the nights are warm would be great, but I will also have to accept the fact that winters down there are not like what we have here. Everything has its give and take. Moving is a difficult decision.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Could Just Scream!