• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hemp seeds or Hemp protein powder?

Many say that Hemp is the best of all protein sources, so as a protein supplement it could maybe be the best alternative. But I´ve read other places that it also is high in Omega 6 and Magnesium and because of that it could be bad for Crohn´s.

From what i've heard and tested. Medical MJ can help with pain relieve, apetite and many other things. But if you over do it. It kinda camuflages the symptoms that you get as signals of a flare coming. If you self medicate. Hemp seeds is an ok suplement, and best way for mj intake, is actually makin sort of an infusion, 2 big buds, 200ml of alcohol, 200ml of water. In a glass bottle, closed in a closet with no lights, and with a ok temperature. Let it rest for at least one month, and after you can have 10/20 drops a day. It helps. I advice using an herb with plenty of CBD instead of THC.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk

Either...both are good. Seed has a good omega fat ratio, good protein and fibre.
Great way to add extra calories the body can use. Hemp protein is good if you are looking for just protein. It's a little earthy tasting but I don't mind it in a smoothie. Neither is cbd oil which is medicinal. Hemp oil you buy in the health store is a good omega 3 -6 ratio...use for salad dressing...and again not cbd oil.