• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dry heaving, rashes and other hot weather woes

Does anyone else just dread summer due to the onslaught of symptoms?
Is it from the medications reactions or is it the disease itself? Currently I am taking Cimzia, Methotrexate, Sertraline, Atenelol, and Hydrochlothiazide.

My joints swell painfully, I dry heave every morning and I get painful itchy rashes. My mouth is terribly dry. I also flare in the anal/rectal area as well. This happens whenever the temperature rises above 80 degrees Fahrenheit and I am my own weather predictor.

I stay out of the sun, wear Chrynobl grade sunblock and stay in air conditioning.

Bufford

It could be due to the immune system having to work harder to deal with the onslaught of allergies at this time of year. Also take into consideration insect bites. The heat makes it worse. Definitely use airconditioning, and dehumidifiers are of help too. Reducing humidity in the home will reduce the level of allergens and also mold.

Thank you for posting this; we have been having a heat wave where I live and I am also experienced many more symptoms than usual. It's nice to know I'm not alone.