• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still Loose after Surgery

Hi all

I had resection surgery about 5 years ago now. I have the ileum removed which I know removes the ability to absorb bile acids.

Ever since the operation i have struggled with watery/loose stools that absolutely stink!

I have tried a few things although nothing seems to work, I have tried Questran, Cholestagel and Imodium.
They all work a little a bit but certainly not a long term solution

I dont have any other serious Crohns issues (im on Humira as well) however any advice on how to slow/firm up my bowels would be much appreciated

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I would think I'd be talking with your doctor or clinic. If you still haven't gotten better after this long, I'd think something is wrong. Even if you can get a hold of an advice nurse, it'd be a good thing...

I hope something can be done for you soon. Please keep us updated. Sending lots of hugs your way.