• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The corruption of modern academic medicine — How your doctor was bought

The corruption of modern academic medicine — How your doctor was bought

"No ‘Health Tragedy’ occurred despite the hysterical hand-wringing of doctors. There were 2000 LESS deaths in 2013. For heart disease deaths, there were 1200 LESS deaths. Yes, you read that correctly. There were less deaths when people stopped their medication"
https://medium.com/@drjasonfung/the-corruption-of-modern-academic-medicine-how-your-doctor-was-bought-fe8c250d7a46

It's always an important question to ask, how are they making money off of us? And is it really all in the patients best interest? Of course they should be paid though.

I was kind of a conspiracy theorist a decade or so ago, I didn't believe the world was set up all for my benefit and best interests or that we all cared for each other in society. For the most part, i still don't but my views have become a bit more positive these past few years. An article like this deserves more attention and research, I'm not immediatly convinced this is how it all works or that this is all a bad thing yet.