• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How's Your Blood Pressure?

How's Your Blood Pressure?

• Higher than 120/80.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Around 120/80.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Below 120/80.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
My blood pressure has always been low (around 95/65 these days). I suspect it might be related to Crohn's Disease and special diets.

Scipio

Mine is below 120/80, but if I stopped my blood pressure meds it would be over 12/80 in just a couple of days.

Hi I only found out I'd high blood pressure last year( when I went for d&c)it was 170/90... went doc next next day casually asked him to do it .. and was 200/99!!!... did ecg everything seemed ok... had 24 hr monitor on it evened out over the 24 hrs.. I am now on 3 blood pressure tabs.. nebibmel. Centyl k, and amplodipine, and have to continue for the foreseeable future.. it's apparently nonessential blood pressure( no reason for it)even yesterday was 138/93

Bufford

Mine is good after having been diagnosed in 2012 for high blood pressure. I was having problems with vision and balance, felt light headed and had to stop at the clinic. I was 216/108, no wonder I felt awful. Amplodpine with 81mg Asprin and its controlled well.

Low blood pressure is a common sign of dehydration, a stealth Crohn's symptom due to diarrhea. If your blood pressure used to be significantly higher, 120 and its now 90, etc you might want to discuss hydration and your electrolyte balance with your doctor. Getting hydrated can really help with fatigue.