• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Intro

Hi!
I just found this forum when I needed to search the internet for spinach and Crohn's.

I was diagnosed w Crohn's several years ago. I also have fibromyalgia. The Crohn's diagnosis answered a long held question dating back to middle school/high school when I would get terrible cramps and ab pain, esp after eating cafeteria lunches (Crohns nightmare food). Also, my mom fixed food that I now know I can't tolerate. She took me to the dr. Once for the pain and I distinctly remember him pressing on my stomach and asking if it hurt. It did. He said, "It's gas." And he and my mom laughed the way kids do at any kind of potty humor. Then we went home, with nothing done. I still feel a little bitter about that.

I have my diet figured out more than I used to. Combos along w stressor unknown factors can cause flares so it's often one day at a time.

scottsma

Hello and welcome.We hear your story so many times on this forum and it's not good enough.I bet you feel like hunting that doctor down and telling him "See smart as*,I told you I was sick".You've come to a good forum where everyone is so interested,helpful and friendly.I hope today's a good day for you.