• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nasty growth wearing on my confidence

Okay, so I’ve ignored it for a long time because my doctor hasn’t shown much concern, but it’s gross and affecting my confidence.

I have a growth about the size of a thumbprint on the back of my thigh, (I know I’m lucky it’s in a place easy to hide, but still) it looks like a glob of chewed gum, and is attached the same way a skin tag is. I’ve shown my GI and he said “leave it alone and hopefully the remicade will make it go away” I’ve been on remicade over a year and still have it. I asked him if I could go to a dermatologist and get it removed but he said no, but it’s growing and it’s just gross.

Also my family doctor was willing to remove it, but that was before my GI said no, and I’ve been with him since early in my diagnosis and tend to follow his advice.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I’ve been trying to find some sort of indication of what it could be on google and everywhere but I can’t find anything that looks like it.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Not sure why your GI would discourage you from going to a dermatologist to have it taken care of? One of the things I am SUPPOSED to do is get yearly checks and have anything suspicious checked and/or taken care of.

Especially if it is growing - I'd get it checked ASAP!

I would definitely see a dermatologist. I also have yearly checks with my dermatologist because of the medications I am on. I have a few spots on my arm that she is watching closely. I will probably end up getting them biopsied next week as they are not going away. Growths are nothing to mess around with as they could be more serious than you think with the medications we end up being on. So, I would have it checked out.

I haven’t been to a dermatologist since way before diagnosis!

I think maybe he’s not that concerned because I got it over a year in to a 2 1/2 year period I wasn’t taking my medication, but at my next appointment I’ll make sure to let him know I want to go see one. I’m not sure if I’ve seen him since I’ve noticed it being bigger either.

I probably should start a new thread, but is anyone else that’s on remicade super spacey? Like I can not for the life of me focus, sometimes even long enough to send a text, I have a tendency to blame Crohn’s and medication for every problem I have.

I haven’t been to a dermatologist since way before diagnosis!

I think maybe he’s not that concerned because I got it over a year in to a 2 1/2 year period I wasn’t taking my medication, but at my next appointment I’ll make sure to let him know I want to go see one. I’m not sure if I’ve seen him since I’ve noticed it being bigger either.

I probably should start a new thread, but is anyone else that’s on remicade super spacey? Like I can not for the life of me focus, sometimes even long enough to send a text, I have a tendency to blame Crohn’s and medication for every problem I have.
Not sure if it is the Remicade.

Lady Organic

Staff member
You should see a dermatologist. I would. Your family doctor could give you a referral if you dont feel like discussing this issue with your GI again. It sometimes happens that opinions are conflicting between practionners.