• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's plus joint pains in left knee and toe

I was diagnosed with Crohn's around 2012. I have been in remission for several years and only take Pentasa for Crohn's (2 x 500mg, four times per day).

I've had some pain in some toe joints, particularly my big toe, on my left foot. Also my left knee.

Long-story-short, have been going to different types of doctors for almost 3 years. Doctors believe I have pain, MRI and X-rays don't show fractures or any significant arthritis. There is no visible swelling anywhere and there hasn't been.

Could this be arthralgia?

Has anyone had similar issues and had luck with diagnosis and treatment?

Most recent doctor suggested my pain issues are due to inflammatory disease. He said I should try 3x 1000 mg tylenol per day, but it didn't help. NSAIDs are off limits due to Crohn's, but I found a single ibuprofen capsule didn't really help either. He said prednisone helps some people, but it often has significant side effects.

I read online that there are different Crohn's medicines that can be used for Crohn's plus other supposed inflammatory conditions.

thanks