• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started inflextra and taking prednisone

Hello everyone,
i just started my first inflextra infusion last Friday. Everything during the infusion went well. But two days later started to feel severe abdominal pain on the right side of my stomach between my inner thigh and lower stomach. the pain would come and go all day and it felt like I was being stabbed multiple times:voodoo:. Then the day i woke up with a terrible headache and and aches and chills and the pain came back ten fold and i decided to go the ER from the pain and cold symptoms , i thought i had developed an infection from the infusion. Long story short after being in the ER for 8 hours, an ultrasound and a ct scan i found out i had an ovarian cyst the size of and avocado seed on the right side of my uterus which is also the same side as my effected crohn's in my small bowel plus to make matters worst the er doctor told me i was at risk of having a obstruction happen because my ileum was closing up because it was extremely inflamed, and to watch out for the symptoms, and she also told me that the cyst was making things worst :(. the next day i saw my GI doctor and they put me on 40mg of prednisone and told me if the crohn's flare doesnt calm down in a few days or if i'm not feeling better then they would have to send me to a surgeon to remove the infected bowel. i really do not want that to happen i have a lot of other health issues, not to mention the painful cyst i still have to see my obgyn about. I would like to finish the inflextra treatment because i've heard many success stories about it and i would like to finish it, and i am kind of scared about the prednisone will work so i can continue the inflextra and feel better and also get my hair back since ive had bad hair loss from the crohn's.:sign0085:

Thank you romroush7 for your reply and support. And I am sorry to hear that you also have so many other health issues to deal with as well. I do also wish you the best and hope you get well.:smile:

Thank you romroush7 for your reply and support:smile:. And I am sorry to hear that you also have so many other health issues to deal with as well. I do also wish you the best and hope you get well. I did forget to mention that i am also taking asacol a long with that prednisone and inflextra, but its looking like i might have to have surgery.:(

Thank you romroush7 for your reply and support[emoji2]. And I am sorry to hear that you also have so many other health issues to deal with as well. I do also wish you the best and hope you get well. I did forget to mention that i am also taking asacol a long with that prednisone and inflextra, but its looking like i might have to have surgery.:(
I am sorry you need surgery. Let us know how you are.