• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Girlfriend. . . in process of diagnosis chrons or IBD

:depressed:
Hey guys if anyones gnna read this post, its late at night so i apoiligse for any spelling mistakes and im pretty stressed so forgive the grammer lol. Anyways im so glad i found this site of forums ive read a lot of stories about people with chrons from this site and others, and they all sound so similar to what my girlfriend is going through. She has had severe abominal pain, sickness, diroeah and if not the dioreah severe constipation sometimes for even a few months. She was refered to a gastreonilogist lol however spel it lol about a year ago now and shs had many tests done inc endoscopy, colonespcopy is it? the one whee u swallow the cam tablet and barium tests i forget all th ebig names i just know what shes been through and its crazy she has no idea whats possibly wrong with her they suspect its chrons last year and put her on predisilone which was an abosolut enightmare time for her. . . as she previously at 14 had anorexia so the weight gain for her was crazy, she hated the mood swings the feeling of depression. Yet at the same time it did start to help her symtoms until they did an edscopy and irritated the inflammed areas of her bowel which had previoulsy been seen from a barium test. lol . . . ..

So after some crazy months with her shes waiting for a test on monday for Univerisity college hospital London which will involve balloons up her bum to measure the muscles and nerves i think . . again i dont know the name well enuf to spell it lol. I know how hard it is for her and i wish i could make things btter but i really dont know how to. she's always got easily stressed and obvioulsy people with this disease know stress can make things a whole lot worse, she's noticed that it does but its a viscious cycle for her of stressing about whats wrong with her, stressing from the immense pain everyday, stresing from the fact she cant eat, that her lifes been taken away and then on again to stress and worry more about the up and coming tests.

Ive been with my girlfriend for five yeras this january and i love her more than words can say, i know this is such a horrible palce for her to be right now and i wish i could come up with ways to help her just a little bit. i know that if i could take the pain away from her i would even have it myself. do any of you guys know any ways i could comfort her or make her feel like lifes worth living on the days she feels really dowm?? we're both only twenty so she has a lifetime ahead of her. We dont really knw any kind of support lines atm that can help her with staying sane through all of this.

sorry im babbling llol :) if you read this than thank u sorry if i bored u lol
btw any of u guys out there with this disease are incredible and brave :smile:

mwb3779

Kitchenhawk
Here's what I can tell you. Be there for her. Support her no matter what happens. Life with Crohn's will not always be ok. The pain is bad sometimes. Its hard to explain to people who haven't felt it themselves. When she wants to talk to you she will. It can be embarrassing sometimes when "accidents" happen. Help her with those times. Keep a spare set of bottoms with you just in case. My personal opinion- don't act like you feel sorry for her. Its already hard enough for us without having to worry about our loved ones also. You sound like a good guy. Be good to your girlfriend.

Welcome - you have come to the right place :) It is always heartwarming to see partners looking to help their loved ones and who want to understand so they can be of best support they can be. She is very lucky to have you :)
All you can do is be there for her and be understanding about her situation. Sometimes she may need a kick up the bum to get at fixing things when they are bad (it seems many people may go into a bit of denial whne this is happening). Be supportive in the dietary changes - that would be a biggie for me - and simply allow her to be where she is at while reminding her of how much you love her.
Again, she is lucky to have you. Perhaps show her the forum so she feels less alone?
Anyway, great to have you here :)

hey there fella,

Just across the sea from ya here.......you are possibly have a very rough time of it mate, so be ready ok.

The hardest thing of all is losing your pride ya know.I once met a guy who said to me leave your pride at the door when you get into all these situations.

On a positive note the only thing your girlfriend may have to do is be on medication, ya know it is impossible to know how any case is going to be treated though.

Either way my friend you hang in there and support her no matter what.

Good luck to you both

Bruscar

hi there.... really pleased you've found this forum as not only will you gain support and advice here, you can pass this on to your girlfriend, and maybe suggest she joins too :)

it's horrible going through any kind of bowel problem, horrid having to face the investigations - but the good thing is that she is being investigated and hopefully sooner rather than later, they'll suss out what is going on, and get her on some treatment to improve life for her. like everyone has said already, you just being there for her, and supporting her, is the most fantastic thing you could do right now.

welcome to the forum :)

hey guys thanks for all the positive and welcoming replies :) its really good to know there is a supporting community here. I will deffinatley tell her about this amazing site and im sure she'll get round to look in her own time lol no pushing he rinto anyyyything! hope evryones well :)