12-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Strange lump

Hi all

Tonight Iíve noticed a small red lump on my right buttock (sorry if tmi, but I feel way past that these days ha ha!)

Itís really hard to explain, but the closest thing I could liken it to is a medium sized wart, but like a fleshy red colour. Itís not a scab and doesnít have a Ďheadí as such so I canít pick it off, however it bleeds very easily. It is literally like a rounded bit of flesh thatís popped out

Itís not painful so Iím inclined to think itís not a small boil or anything like that. It may not be Crohnís related at all, but it seems it could be a good place to start given its location.

Iíve been having trouble with my skin recently namely eczema flaring up and itchy red rashes all over my arms and shoulders that donít respond to steroid creams. I think that could be viral as Iím very run down and Iíve been ill almost constantly for 2 months now. That being said this thing on my backside doesnít seem dry or itchy, or anything like any other skin condition Iíve ever experienced.

Any ideas? Iím not inclined to go and get it looked at unless it gets worse as I would feel silly given the size of the thing.

Thanks in advance!

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
12-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
Scipio

My Support Groups:
∑ Stelara
Maybe a cherry angioma (red mole)?
12-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Can you see a dermatologist?
Mollescum can come with biologics
https://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0315/p1233.html
12-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Thank you both for the replies. Iíve had a look into both suggestions and it definitely looks and behaves like a cherry angioma. It doesnít seem like anything to worry about if thatís the case but I will mention it at my next appointment just to check.

Thanks again