Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Worried I have IBD/Crohns

12-18-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
Anxious855

My Support Groups:
Worried I have IBD/Crohns

I am 32 years of age. Always had a delicate stomach but never suffered with vomiting or diarrhoea. Can probably count on one hand the number of times I have had either of them and have never had stomach cramps either.
This October I came down with what I thought was a bug. It started with a migraine and severe fatigue followed by horrendous smelling gas and a tugging feeling in my stomach. I lost my appetite also... Then the diarrhoea hit. It started off as a normal color but then turned bloody before returning to brown. I recovered after a couple weeks and just had a week of stomach acid and horrible smelling gas before having a great few weeks of feeling good.
Now it seems to be starting again. I have horrendous, almost sulphur like smelling gas, stomach acid and had an accident when out in town today. I don't have pain, diarrhoea (Although my stools are loose) and I am not being sick but I am still convinced I have Crohns/IBD. Is this how it starts and is it rare to not be in pain/have blood in stools?
12-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
erk

My Support Groups:
Hey, from what I've read stomach pain, recurring diarrhoea, weight loss, and extreme tiredness are the main symptoms for IBD. But I think there are a bigger range of symptoms and it seems different people experience different ones.

I'd make an appointment with a doctor if possible to explain your symptoms, possibly make a note of the date(s) when these things happened so you can share a timeline with them. (After my first appointment I was asked to wait on my symptoms to see if they resolved on their own)

Hope you're all right
12-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I agree. I would make an appointment with s GI.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Worried I have IBD/Crohns