• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update on bindi's aortitis

update on bindi's aortitis

hello everyone! this is bindi with mum sitting beside me. things have happened very quickly around here. we went to the neurologist last thursday, and he was not happy about the results of the ct scan and what was being done. so he said that i was to be in brisbane for an mri on tuesday and see him at a clinic on wednesday. once seeing the neurologist he called in a vacscular physision and an immunologist and decided to admit me into hospital and do more tests to see waht was happening. they said that less then 1 percent of people with crohnes get aortitis!!

so i have all these doctors looking over the scans not knowing really what to do i dont think. so now we're just waiting to see if i have to stay in and go on a drip with methalprednisolone or something like that.

also i started on the humira on monday, with four needles at once was not very impressive. the one's in the stomach didnt hurt as much as the ones in the leg so from now on ill be doing them in the stomach

coming from a small town and also working and being in private hospitals it is very different to be staying in a huge public hospital. im in a room with 3 other people so i haev the curtains pulled around me all the time. i have an old man across me but he seems to just sleep all the time. so far the food is alright which is a bonus considereing im not really sick. as always mum is freaking out and worrying about what is happening which i suppose this is worth worrying about..

will keep everyone informed on my case as i like to be very differnent haha :lol:

bindi and mum :holidays:

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Thanks for the update...Keep your curtains closed and your hospital gown tied up tight....;) And most of all let us know how you are doing. I wish you luck.

Hi Bindi and Karen,

My goodness you are having a rough time at the moment... public hospitals suck big time I hate it when I have to visit my gran when she is in there they don't care who they put you with and they just mix genders... poor thing would be horrible being opposite an old guy, I def glad I have private health although sometimes you don't get a choice with hospitals, gotta go wherever they tell ya too. Glad to hear they are taking your health more serious now and getting on top of it all, you start to loss hope with Doctors at times when nothing is happening or taking you serious! Hopefully they get your heart better soon and no permanent damage has been done... I think when you have something like crohns they just generally put everything down to being a side effect of it... gotta love them docs!

Glad you also got approved for Humira hopefully that will do wonders for you and your crohns, I don't think I could handle all the needles but I suppose you get used to it. I just got put on 6mp after having a reaction to Imuran, so far so good hoping this one works for me... although I have been pretty good the last week touch wood it stays that way for xmas!! Hope you are sorted and back home for then too, must be hard being away from Bundy. Its good to see you on here there is heaps of really nice people and great support and advice! I def wouldn't know or be as far along as what I am without this forum.

Ok well all the best, hope you start to get better soon and start getting correct answers from the docs in brissy.

imisspopcorn said:
Thanks for the update...Keep your curtains closed and your hospital gown tied up tight....;) And most of all let us know how you are doing. I wish you luck.
Ha..ha.. imp I only just read your post... too funny!! But seriously keep your curtains closed!! Unless its a cute guy in the opposite bed :ylol2:

So sorry you are having to go through all this right at the holidays Bindi! Well - that you are having to go through it at all really. I hope they can figure things out for you and get everything back on the right track. Hoping you can get out of "special" and "different" mode and get back to being a normal Crohnie like the rest of us :O) Good luck!!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Good for you getting your Humira shots all done! I hope they start working really soon. I did have a lot of good luck with Humira at first, hope it works even better for you and you get out of that hospy really soon!

hello all!!

im going home!! iv had ultrasounds this morning to check all of the other vessels and they seem to be good. they want me back early feb to have another ultersound and see the immunolgy and vascular doctors. it seems that there is just thickening of the outside of the vessel muscle and hasnt affected the inside size. lol i just love it though that they still dont really know.

lol i wouldnt mind if there was a hot young guy across the room especially since im not sick!!

GIRL.....you better watch those hot guys ;) I am SOOO glad you get to go home - I'm sure you are to. Good news - always love good news!