• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

SURGERY SUCCESS! Finally!!!

Hey, everyone!

Finally after a 2 year process I had my surgery 11 days ago.
I had Crohn’s disease of the terminal ileum for 16 years. I had severe narrowing and multiple fistulas from small bowel to small bowel to small bowel to bladder to small bowel to sigmoid colon. The surgeon said it was a nasty beast to remove.

I was originally told open surgery and bladder repair and sigmoid repair or possible resection of the sigmoid. My new surgeon done it all lap. And I didn’t need to have my bladder or sigmoid repaired. The fistula to the bladder was nasty so my bladder is healing. But, all in all it was a success. My bowel movements have been fine. Still pain when I have a bowel movement or pee. But, that’s getting better each day. I won’t lie the pain I was in when I woke was really really terrible. I was waiting on my PCA pump and a nerve block. So they for some reason wouldn’t give me anything for pain for what felt like hours. But, pain pumped help a lot. And coming off it was rough.

Walking and such wasn’t too bad. Gas pain was terrible. Recovery in the hospital for 8 days. It was rough at times. But, rocked it. I start back Humira in a 2 days. AZA next week to help any reoccurrence. But, of this moment I am Crohn’s free for the first time in 16 years. Eat healthy, workout, move, be adventurous and stay consistent on your Meds and all will be well. I look forward to fully recover. I can already feel a difference.

I would tell anyone questioning surgery to have the surgery.

Fistulizing Crohn’s Disease
Diagnosed 2003
Humira 40mg once a week.
AZA 150mg a day
Ileocecal ResectionFeb 23rd 2018.