• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone experience wide-spread pain?

I was diagnosed with CD about 8 years ago and I have been on Humira the past three years. Since Humira my Crohn's symptoms have improved dramatically, however I experience chronic wide-spread pain all over my body from time-to-time. The pain will take various forms. Sometimes it's sharp/stabbing, other times it may be more like a dull ache. Does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, what helps?

I'm on that med too. I have all over pain too. Joints really mostly, just went off all my pain meds to reset my system. Not fun. Will probably one Tramadol back in. Hot baths help my pain the most.

Maya142

Staff member
If by widespread, you mean your joints, then I would see a rheumatologist. If it is muscular, then it may be fibromyalgia which is still treated by a rheumatologist. There is also arthralgia - joint pain but not inflammation - that is associated with Crohn's.

Here is a good explanation of the various types of arthritis caused by IBD: http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/assets/pdfs/arthritiscomplications.pdf

Have you had vitamin D checked? Low vitamin D can cause pain - usually bone pain.

I always forget to take that pill sigh...yep time to take the vitamin D...my newest thing is rash on forehead and cold sore which I never get sigh....time to get blood work again on the 4th anyway to see what's up this time.

Thanks for the responses. My pain is not just in my joints (although there too at times).

I'm new to the forum and appreciate the support.