• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A new adventure ..

Wow! I am glad I found this forum. Please bear with me as my mind sometime travels in circles and my fingers can't keep up and type as fast so I might get a little wonky. (An issue for another time I think.)

After 4 years of having issues and flare ups, and trying to figure out what the hell was going on, I finally have a diagnosis (as of 3.22.18) of Crohn's! So at 50 years of age, a new adventure begins.

I can say that I am not too pleased with my gastro's bed-side manner, but I am happy that he is serious enough to get to the bottom of what what the problem with my gut is. So I'll stay with him for a while and see how it goes. Bed-side manner is not as important to me as dealing with the issue. I am waiting on the results of a TB test before the doc will have me start taking meds to help with the CD.

To add to the new Crohn's diagnosis, I was also told I have a small tumor on my L5 wrapped around my nerve that controls my right leg .. so I am having to deal with that also. Good thing is I have an appt with the doc that is going to biopsy it on Monday and we will go from there.

Then neurology is involved because I am having issues with remembering things and depression and indecisiveness is a real bitch too! When my late husband was sick and I was taking care of him, I was always strong as an ox, both physically and mentally. now I feel like I am a child trying to gain the approval of my peers and family sometimes and making a decision is sometimes quite a process. Really pisses my current husband off sometimes.

Oh, I guess I should tell you what I do for a living .. though it is probably not to important .. I am currently a local truck driver. Being local gives me the ability to stop if necessary. A couple of times it hasn't been fast enough! However, with all that is going on .. I am looking to move out of the truck and back into an office position. no matter what I do . it's going to cost me anywhere from 25-45% in a pay drop .. and I am barely making it now .. so its gonna get interesting.

Anyway .. I am already brain fried just trying to get this much out .. so I will post this for now and see what other kinda trouble I can get into!

Shalom!
Jay

Wow! I am glad I found this forum. Please bear with me as my mind sometime travels in circles and my fingers can't keep up and type as fast so I might get a little wonky. (An issue for another time I think.)

After 4 years of having issues and flare ups, and trying to figure out what the hell was going on, I finally have a diagnosis (as of 3.22.18) of Crohn's! So at 50 years of age, a new adventure begins.

I can say that I am not too pleased with my gastro's bed-side manner, but I am happy that he is serious enough to get to the bottom of what what the problem with my gut is. So I'll stay with him for a while and see how it goes. Bed-side manner is not as important to me as dealing with the issue. I am waiting on the results of a TB test before the doc will have me start taking meds to help with the CD.

To add to the new Crohn's diagnosis, I was also told I have a small tumor on my L5 wrapped around my nerve that controls my right leg .. so I am having to deal with that also. Good thing is I have an appt with the doc that is going to biopsy it on Monday and we will go from there.

Then neurology is involved because I am having issues with remembering things and depression and indecisiveness is a real bitch too! When my late husband was sick and I was taking care of him, I was always strong as an ox, both physically and mentally. now I feel like I am a child trying to gain the approval of my peers and family sometimes and making a decision is sometimes quite a process. Really pisses my current husband off sometimes.

Oh, I guess I should tell you what I do for a living .. though it is probably not to important .. I am currently a local truck driver. Being local gives me the ability to stop if necessary. A couple of times it hasn't been fast enough! However, with all that is going on .. I am looking to move out of the truck and back into an office position. no matter what I do . it's going to cost me anywhere from 25-45% in a pay drop .. and I am barely making it now .. so its gonna get interesting.

Anyway .. I am already brain fried just trying to get this much out .. so I will post this for now and see what other kinda trouble I can get into!

Shalom!
Jay
Welcome, Jay. I am glad that you have a diagnosis. I hope the doctor can get rid of the tumor. I also hope that he can get your Crohn's disease in remission.

Welcome, Jay. I am glad that you have a diagnosis. I hope the doctor can get rid of the tumor. I also hope that he can get your Crohn's disease in remission.
Thanks. As for the tumor, if it is not cancer, then it will not be touched. If it is cancer, then it will have to come out. With that being said, three neurosurgeons have already told me that if the tumor is cut out .. I WILL loose control of my right leg below the knee and have to wear a brace and use a crutch or cane. I am looking forward to remission also!

Lynda Lynda

Grizzly, there is a lot of information here to help you along the way, plus some fantastic people. I totally understand how so much happening in a person's life can cause a lot of anxiety and confusion.:welcome:

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Jay,

We are all here for support if you need us. You certainly have a lot on your plate right now, hang in there it sounds as if things will soon improve. You can do it!

Peace,

Chris

Grizzly, there is a lot of information here to help you along the way, plus some fantastic people. I totally understand how so much happening in a person's life can cause a lot of anxiety and confusion.:welcome:
Lynda, thanks and yea a lot going on .. and i only touched the top of the iceberg!

Well, 3 hours of sleep down, time to get a few more.

Shalom
Jay

We are all here for support if you need us. You certainly have a lot on your plate right now, hang in there it sounds as if things will soon improve. You can do it!
Chris, thanks. I am hoping i can do it. I've been down worse roads. Just here lately they seem all uphill!

Back to bed.

Shalom
Jay