• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stress

I’m starting to get bad stomach cramps, it started last week I’d not eaten any different to how I normally do it just came on suddenly :( I’ve felt slightly constipated but with diarrhoea and it’s not nice, I feel like the only thing that could of caused this is stress. I’m eating normally like I always do so I don’t blame that but lately I’ve been feeling upset with work unfortunately I don’t really get along this manager as well as I used to and I have started to feel very miserable and stressed about it when I turn up for work and this manager is present. Little did I know this would really get to me and make my Crohn’s worse:( makes me feel worse knowing I work there 30 hours a week and really need the money I wish I didn’t have to go. I don’t know what could make it better or how I can deal with the stress because I hate stomach cramps there the worst thing! I’ve lost my appetite and haven’t been eating well since. Hoping I will be back to normal soon and it will all pass.
(Normal for me: still always have diarrhoea atleast once a day but with no stomach cramps and I always normally have an appetite.)

I know stress can have a massive effect on Crohn’s because before I was diagnosed in October/November 2017 I had been dealing with it since February 2017. The months before I was diagnosed I was in pain couldn’t walk after going to the toilet 4/5 times a night had severe piles and it was stress contributing to it as my doctor told me it was just IBS as soon as I was diagnosed I felt relieved and I immediately became better without any treatment, I wasn’t stressed anymore because I’d found out what was causing all of this pain and stress.

What’s the best way to deal with feeling stressed and upset!?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Also talking about what is stressing you can help.....

Is there anyone at work you can talk to about the reasons for your stress and the manager?