• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thoughts on Naltrexone

Hey all! This is my first post here, woo!
Anyway, for the past 3 weeks I’ve been in an increasingly worse flare (I’ve been in relative remission for 2 years), and it’s gotten past the point that I usually let it get to before killing it with diet. I’ve cut back to pretty much just basic meats at this point, and whenever I try other foods it ends poorly. I’m going to see if I can get a prescription for Naltrexone, and I wanna know if any of you guys have tried it and what you think!

I’m pretty new to this all, but any insight is welcome!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello,

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this medication, but I know there are a few people who have been on it. If you have a look at the treatment section, you should find some posts/threads about it from other members, which will hopefully prove helpful.

In the meantime if theres anything else you need or any other questions we can help with, please feel free to ask, we're a friendly bunch here and all understand what this illness can do to you so there's no judgement.