• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

Hello All

I was originally diagnosed with proctitis in 2016- treated with rectal meds. The disease continued to progress on the left side into the transverse and the fall of 17 I was diagnosed with probable Crohns colitis. I had skipped areas of healing. I tried Humira from Nov 17 to May 18 but switched to Remicade after flaring and not really feeling great on Humira. I finished the loading doses of Remi and weaned off of another prednisone course, but started to see some blood again. It was mucous and a little blood here and there but digestion still was awful. My doc is moving up the next dose by a week but he said since I have mild disease he expected that the Remicade loading doses would put me in remission.
From the beginning it was always- here use this med and you'll be fine since you have mild disease. Well guess what its been almost 3 years since I first started getting sick and this so called mild disease is not responding well to meds. I am getting very depressed over this. 1. I am wondering if an antidepressant would help 2. How long do you give Remicade to work? Doc will not prescribe an immunomodulator as he said they do not induce remission and increase cancer chances. He is a leading researcher in IBD and supposedly knows a lot yet he has not gotten me in remission. I am wondering if I will have to really start some natural treatments as the meds are not helping so far. Any thoughts??

scottsma

I was diagnosed with Proctitis in 2006.I used a suppository to clear the blood and inflammation and it did the job in a few weeks.I continued to use supps at a lower dose for a long time as maintenance.Three or four years ago I was diagnosed with crohns colitis but even though my digestion was'nt and still isn't good,I decided against any meds,other than loperamide to slow me down,and a laxative when necessary.My diet is limited but good.I didn't want to start on meds. unless it was absolutely,as I think once I started them it might lead to trying one after the other to no avail.I hope you find something that suits you soon and you begin to feel better than you do.