• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anal Itch

I recently just completed a 9 day hospital stay due to Crohns and Colitis. I am now suffering from terrible anal itch. Has anyone had this problem and how did you address it. I’m new to the forum....looking for guidance. God bless

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi and welcome.
this could be many things. hemmorhoids (internal or external), anal fissure, herpes, etc...Have you taken a look with a mirror? Do you see something?

Trysha

Staff member
First you need to rule out underlying causes such as bacterial, and fungal infections...or parasitic infections.
Broad spectrum antibiotics can cause yeast infection such as Candida....
First check back with your doctors...hopefully you have a follow up appointment with the GI.
I have had this miserable situation and found zinc cream a big help...same as used for babies.
Hugs
Trysha

Hi and welcome.
this could be many things. hemmorhoids (internal or external), anal fissure, herpes, etc...Have you taken a look with a mirror? Do you see something?
Lady Organic, I’m really thinking internal hemmoriods ugh. I will go to the doctor Thursday.

First you need to rule out underlying causes such as bacterial, and fungal infections...or parasitic infections.
Broad spectrum antibiotics can cause yeast infection such as Candida....
First check back with your doctors...hopefully you have a follow up appointment with the GI.
I have had this miserable situation and found zinc cream a big help...same as used for babies.
Hugs
Trysha
Hey Trysa I was on steroids and flagyl for the 9 day bid....they ruled out parasites. The door gave me a cream that works great I just want answers for the itch. Ugh.
Crohn’s disease will have you constantly in think mode. Ugh

Lady Organic

Staff member
yeah, I got small internal hemmorhoids for about a year once, that debuted with a flare. The continuous passing of diarrhea triggered this problem. I always felt like I had something stuck in there and there was this itchy feeling. not extreme, but mostly annoying. I tried many different creams and finally I think a cortisone suppository helped. Let us know if you find your answer!

yeah, I got small internal hemmorhoids for about a year once, that debuted with a flare. The continuous passing of diarrhea triggered this problem. I always felt like I had something stuck in there and there was this itchy feeling. not extreme, but mostly annoying. I tried many different creams and finally I think a cortisone suppository helped. Let us know if you find your answer!
I sure will lady Organic! Be bless and praying for our healing