• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Faecal calprotectin now 1700 and more info about my 2nd upper endoscopy.

My first FC was in February which was what got the ball rolling on investigating IBD, it was "over 1000". At that time I was having my worst flare of IBD, even so I was still shocked at how high the number was, the GP on the phone was straining to tell me about the results and what it could mean. But now even though I feel my IBD symptoms are somewhat minimal, maybe even getting worse at this point but I did not expect my result to almost double (although I don't know if my first FC was literally just over 1000 or maybe even 11 or 1200 and my GP just didn't want to scare me). I'm hoping this will speed up the wait for a small bowel MRI and upper endoscopy.

About 2 weeks ago I was told I have to had another upper endo and I thought it was to investigate my nausea and vomiting further but I had a GP's appointment a few days ago and it turns out they want to further biopsy (and I want it removed, don't understand why it was done in the first instance) that I have at the esophagael/stomach junction. I done some basic research on gastric polyps and my understanding is that a hyperplastic polyp should be reviewed after one year if no dysplasia. but it's been less than 6 months since the upper endo... I really hope they're just being cautious and not witholding the info that my polyp is pre-cancerous... But the NHS is not cautious, they're cost effective.