• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

Hi everyone. I just got out of the hospital today after a painful flare. I've been pretty lucky so far but this was a bad one and I almost had to have surgery. I haven't been on a forum but thought this would be a good place to "meet" people and learn more about my disease and about diet, etc. I haven't been good about taking my meds daily but now I'm determined to! I take 6MP and lots of supplements...and for now I have to take Prednisone and Cipro. My doctor said that smoking is super bad for Crohn's (but good for U.C.!) so I'm quitting on April 1st. Also I went to rehab this Summer - right after high school graduation - for oxycontin addiction which was hard but great. I relapsed briefly but am back in a day-time rehab now and really motivated and working hard at it because I want to stay clean/sober for the long run. This has been a hard year but I am looking forward to getting healthy. I have a good support system with my mom and sisters (and my dad and brother to an extent). I don't know anyone who has Crohn's and it would be nice to learn more from you guys.
Thanks for listening,
EmyJo

Welcome EmyJo! :)

This is a great place to find info and people who understand Crohns. Good on you for making some changes to try and get healthy. I hope it goes well for you :)

Well its a good thing you evaded surgery and are quitting smoking soon. Apparently it works kind of like caffine and will get your insides all amped up making it worse. So quitting is good and good luck with that. We are a another great support system and congrats on the rehab sounds like your doing well with everything and are getting everything in order. Stress free is the best way to go if possible so goodluck and welcome to the forums.

farm

Captain Insaneo
Welcome Emyjo! Addiction is terrible but you can beat it!! Including those cigarettes!

:welcome: Emyjo! So sorry to hear of your struggles. I swear, having Crohn's has "kept me outta trouble"! I can't smoke (anything LOL!) and I can't drink and taking pain pills messes my gut up. I hope that you are able to get past your addictions which I'm sure will only help your Crohn's in the long run - which will only help you :O) We can definitely help you with the Crohn's. Let us know you are getting along and if you have any more questions!

Welcome!

I hope you can find loads of support here, everyone is full of knowledge and helpfull suggestions. :)