• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Imuran and cancer

Ok I was anemic several weeks ago I think because of surgery that I had. That being said my blood counts are back to normal. But I am getting night sweats, noticed some brusing,night sweats (have had them for awhile even before Imuran) and about 5 little pinpoint spots on various parts of my body. No fever no swollen lymph nodes. I have only been on Imuran for 3 months. I always am in pain somewhere also. Not sure if its anxiety or depression. My question is I couldnt have developed Leukemia already. My blood tests have been fine except I was once low on b12 and then the one after my gyne surgery. Maybe it is the imuran. I am on 50 mg. Oh and I have had a cold chill feeling lately and my knees hurt.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Hi Mary........
I have the small pin point red dots under my skin too. They are called petechiae. It is caused by capillaries breaking under the skin.

All of your symptoms can be found in cancer, but they can also be found in people with autoimmune disorders like IBD.

Call your doctor for peace of mind. Try not to worry too much. :)

I had the same thing just happen to me. I was having bruising all over my legs (and no; I didn't fall or run into anything), and they wouldn't go away for a month! I also had the petechiae on my left knee and left shoulder. I called my GI, and they did a CBC and everything is fine. I thought it was cancer also. So, call your doctor and they can run some tests and let you know what REALLY is going on!

I am on 150mg Aza...and I have strange pains here and there. I feel it, I think, in my joints and mostly notice it in my feet when I am laying down at night...but everthing aboiut my body feels and looks different lately. This disease really is so complicated. My hunch is that you are fine - its only been 3 months - but to be sure - check with your doctor. You can't be too cautious - in my opinion!! Good luck.