• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi ya

rygon

hi ya

Thought id introduce myself...

Im Ryan, 26yo from grimsby uk (and yes iv heard all the fish jokes :p ) Diagnosed about a yr ago, although had mild symptoms about 2-3yrs before (you know what lads are like going to doctors)

Currently on Pentasa, though still getting periods of bloating, stomach pains (not sure if thats expected, going for my checkup nxt week anyway).

Hobbies include reading, cooking, kickboxing, rockclimbing, skydiving and snowboarding ...and my favourite colour is blue

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: Ryan......You'll have to explain the fish jokes to us Yanks.:)

Best of luck with your appointment. Hope to see you around here.

Welcome!
I know what you mean about guys and not going to the doc!! In retrospect I think I had symptoms for years and years before doing anything about it!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
rygon said:
Thought id introduce myself...

Im Ryan, 26yo from grimsby uk (and yes iv heard all the fish jokes :p ) Diagnosed about a yr ago, although had mild symptoms about 2-3yrs before (you know what lads are like going to doctors)

Currently on Pentasa, though still getting periods of bloating, stomach pains (not sure if thats expected, going for my checkup nxt week anyway).

Hobbies include reading, cooking, kickboxing, rockclimbing, skydiving and snowboarding ...and my favourite colour is blue

Hi there, welcome to the forum. I understand most guys dont want to go get their butt checked out and talk about their poop issues. But this disease cannot be ignored, if you do, you are the one who pays. I am on Pentasa, and same problems as you, so far ruled out narrowing.. have a CT scan next week. Test suck but you need to get on the right meds to help you cope.

BTW my daughter took Kickboxing when she was young, she left with at Green belt , she is little but dont let that fool ya. She loves all the other activities you are doing. I am surprised you are able to do all that you do.

Please take care of yourself, if you don't, who will? Glad you found us, lotsa friendly people to help and support you!:)

I studied karate for a few years in my late 20s. Never been so fit in my entire life, before or since, and my self-esteem went up through the ceiling. I didn't give up because of the crohns... I was getting too many injuries, which was self-defeating for the fitness, and I got beaten up just one too many times and lost my fighting spirit. I'd still recommend it, though...heh! heh!

I do kickboxing aswell. Do you compete or just for fun?

I have been fighting pro for about 6 years and 3 years of amateur befor that. I do kickboxing, Muay Thai and MMA. Havent fought in a couple of years though cause of this dam CD. Its my goal this year to fight again though.

rygon

Cheers for the replies. Havent fought properly, was going a few years back but the guy i was supposed to be fighting didnt turn up. Was going to fight 6mnths after but then i started getting stomach pains. Stopped sparring for a yr after that but kept on training. As its the start of the new year I'll be starting sparring again (bring on the black eyes and bleeding nose).

Would love to have a go at muay thai and MMA is awesome to watch but dont think im tough enough to have a go lol

rygon

Grimsby used to be the biggest fishing port in the world. Think its still the biggest in uk, so we're know as codheads

So as you can guess theres many cheap shots about how our gfs/sisters/mums smell etc

dont really help ourselves when one of our football mascot's is harry the haddock

rygon said:
Grimsby used to be the biggest fishing port in the world. Think its still the biggest in uk, so we're know as codheads

So as you can guess theres many cheap shots about how our gfs/sisters/mums smell etc

dont really help ourselves when one of our football mascot's is harry the haddock
haha i can imagine! i'm aussie and i didnt have a clue as to what you were talking about :lol: thanks for explaining :tongue: (blue is my favourite colour too!!!)

rygon

haha you can call me codhead if you really want, i wont be offended. Been called a lot worse before (normally by workmates when i sleep in :p)