• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Photo

Hey guys, I was wondering how i get my photo to come up beside my name when i post something??? Its not fair me being this god looking and you all not being able to se it!!! lol :)

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Go to the upper left part of your screen. In the blue line, there is an area that reads User CP click it and the tab pulls down with the edit avatar function......Good luck.

LOL, thats me alrite, at least i feel like a human on here now!!! thanks for your help!!! i hope thats not you in your pic!!! lol

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
LOL....Bad hair day. When you have 50 posts you can ask for the lounge password. There is a thread in there called "The face behind the post".....Crohnies are HOT!

excellent, must get posting then to i get into the lounge!! I didn't realise there was a hirearchy on here.... lol

farm

Captain Insaneo
imisspopcorn said:
LOL....Bad hair day. When you have 50 posts you can ask for the lounge password. There is a thread in there called "The face behind the post".....Crohnies are HOT!
Yes, yes we are.

Cackman888 said:
violetcreams, get a photo up, i can tell you how to do it you dont know how!!!!:ylol2:

AArrrgggghhhh, I think I'll have to fiddle around to make a picture small enough because it keeps going "uploading failed" when I try to add an image. :ybatty:

Cackman888 said:
Hey guys, I was wondering how i get my photo to come up beside my name when i post something??? Its not fair me being this god looking and you all not being able to se it!!! lol :)
OMG - I can not believe you actually wrote that!!!!! Glad to "see" you finally ;)

violetcreams said:
eek, no that's not me, lol
V - is that YOU??? If you need help let me know. Are you posting to photobucket first? It has to be no more than 19kb in size from what I can remember. If you post to photobucket first, you can then resize it to "tiny" and it should work. I love see you guys...faces are always better than no faces LOL!

farm

Captain Insaneo
imisspopcorn said:
And humble........
But of course!!

I mean really, I've said this time and time before, there has to be a link between Crohns and being hot. Just has to be.

Nyx

I like your picture farm....nice bum!! lol

*trying to get to 50 posts so she can get into the lounge*

rygon

so how do you get a pic in?? clicking edit avatar just gives me a blank square saying "No Avatar Specified" and

Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
()Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

No options for uploading :(

Oh goodnes...newbies trying to get into the lounge ;) The lounge is, well, it was originally meant for adult topics that shouldn't be out on the regular forum - for example - discussions about using marijuana for pain relief. We kinda use it as stress relief/blowing off steam now and kid around with each other a lot in there. So, be prepared - we get silly. Honestly - I think of it as "super glue" as we all get bonded together in there :O)

You have to PM Dingbat or Mikeyarmo for the password to the lounge after 50 posts.

Rygon - you have to upload your avatar to a website like www.photobucket.com - then resize it to TINY. Then go back into the edit avatar section and go the "use custom avatar" section and plug in the URL for the photobucket link (there are links on the photobucket page). Come back here if you still have problems and we can help you.

rygon

im not getting the "use custom avatar" option anywhere. Made a pic that will fit but this is all i see..

While I appreciate that uploading a picture worked for you I cannot upload a picture. I only have one option that is clicked off that says do not avatar and it will not let me un check it...any suggestions?

rygon

RAW Im guessing you mean like what i just posted above ..reckon they just dont like our ugly mugs :p

farm

Captain Insaneo
rygon, deselect the Do Not Use Avatar option by clicking that button again, then more options should open up for you.

Edit: well that' doesn't work. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Nyx

This should come under the avatar section when ou deselect the do not use avatar button. You can upload a pic from your computre...don't have to post it online somewhere else.

Custom Avatar
If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.
Use Custom Avatar
You may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
Enter Avatar URL:

Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

rygon

but i cant use a custom avatar.... the pic i post is the only thing i get when clicking on edit avatar. I cant unclick the button shown. Did register using FF but have tried using IE as well to see if that gave me other options

farm

Captain Insaneo
don't click on custom avatar, click on Browse below that and search your PC for a pic.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
RAW said:
While I appreciate that uploading a picture worked for you I cannot upload a picture. I only have one option that is clicked off that says do not avatar and it will not let me un check it...any suggestions?
Ah jeez.... another cool kid from MA LOL

rygon

farm said:
don't click on custom avatar, click on Browse below that and search your PC for a pic.
Where?? if you look at my pic i put up thats the only options i get when clicking "edit Avatar"

rygon said:
RAW Im guessing you mean like what i just posted above ..reckon they just dont like our ugly mugs :p

guess we aren't allowed to have pictures, SAD! I have minimal attention span for computer stuff as it is.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
RAW said:
guess we aren't allowed to have pictures, SAD! I have minimal attention span for computer stuff as it is.

PM an administrator like Ding.....to see what's up. maybe you are too new and they are afraid you will post nakey pics......LOL!

rygon

RAW said:
I actually love computers... unfortunately they dont like me been through 3 pcs in 6yrs (and thats with keeping what works...which aint a lot after what i do)

rygon

found dingbat (admin) but you click on his name and it directs to zoints where (s)he doesnt have a profile.. then it goes back to this forum

imisspopcorn said:
PM an administrator like Ding.....to see what's up. maybe you are too new and they are afraid you will post nakey pics......LOL!
You do not want to see that....I promise! LOL as soon as I figure out what PM is I'll do that LOL

rygon said:
I actually love computers... unfortunately they dont like me been through 3 pcs in 6yrs (and thats with keeping what works...which aint a lot after what i do)
Here's one for ya then, I have a fully functional desktop right next me while I sit here and work on my new laptop. But don't forget about the second laptop I have from college just incase I need that paper I wrote freshman year about who knows what. So I'm right there with ya with all the pcs and when I get bored I apparently just buy a new one.

Raw - go to the upper right hand corner of your screen - and click on Private Messages. Once you get on the next screen - click send message and type Dingbat in the send to field. Then ask the question you are asking here. It may be because you guys are under 50 posts - but I am not sure. She will know the answer hopefully. It may take her a day or so to get back to you - she is in UK and on different time zone.

rygon

My 1st pc was great until it randomly reboot .. so i kicked it ... psu fried that blew everything else in the end..kept on adding until i was happy..motherboard went a week back...got a new one and tried to fit the old processor (with a bit of brute force) and bent the pins aghh. Got a new processor and everythings good ...but thinking of clocking it to make it faster... never done it b4 and it does sound very risky.. but im inquistitive lol

Peaches said:
Raw - go to the upper right hand corner of your screen - and click on Private Messages. Once you get on the next screen - click send message and type Dingbat in the send to field. Then ask the question you are asking here. It may be because you guys are under 50 posts - but I am not sure. She will know the answer hopefully. It may take her a day or so to get back to you - she is in UK and on different time zone.
We all know my digestive system does not work poperly and apparently neither does my brain. Can't find the Private Messages section on the top right, perhaps I'll give this a whirl tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

rygon

seems i cant even PM ppl either... maybe some admin hasnt permitted our accouts maybe?? anyone fancy having a go for us ta

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Sorry guys... the we changed the rules related to new regitrations to help keep spam pm's down. You are both fully registered and will be able to send pm's and have pics up now.

Haaa - RAW - didn't think you were a girl - very pretty (as are most of the female Crohnies oddly enough!) and Rygon -*awesome* photo!! That was worth paying extra for ;)

Rob said:
Luckily for me (an all you lol) the iPhone won't let me post pics lol
We have to work on getting you out of the hospital ;) Sounds like that iPhone is just waaay too limiting.....

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
You guys look awesome!!! Raw is a girl??? LOL! It is so funny how certain names automatically make me picture certain genders...It is nice to see you all....

Hav too agree with imp
it is funny how u automatically think of a gender by the name
i was thinkin Eddie Murphy raw when I saw her name lol - sorry

ah yes too be free of hospital lol
I don't hav a computer at home anyways lol so can't post pics etc
jus look up a pic of the michelen man lol that's how I look an feel ATM - damn medication

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Sorry Rob......I'm so glad you found this forum.It has kept me sane and I'm not hospitalized......(well not for Crohn's ;))

Thanks imp
yea this site has helped keep me sane and spirits up
good too be able too laugh at a situation with others who understand etc

and yes I agree what is it with these crohnie females???? All gorgeous

Peaches said:
Haaa - RAW - didn't think you were a girl - very pretty (as are most of the female Crohnies oddly enough!) and Rygon -*awesome* photo!! That was worth paying extra for ;)
LOL yeah I knew the name would throw everyone off which is why I wanted a pic. RAW are my initials, fun right? haha

Rob said:
Hav too agree with imp
it is funny how u automatically think of a gender by the name
i was thinkin Eddie Murphy raw when I saw her name lol - sorry

ah yes too be free of hospital lol
I don't hav a computer at home anyways lol so can't post pics etc
jus look up a pic of the michelen man lol that's how I look an feel ATM - damn medication
Glad you laughed....I'm usually good for that, that's why most people keep me around. LOL

At least you have the iphone to keep you occupied while you are in the hospital, time stands still in there....snooze fest! Do you have a D/C date yet?

imisspopcorn said:
Sorry Rob......I'm so glad you found this forum.It has kept me sane and I'm not hospitalized......(well not for Crohn's ;))

I'm glad I found it as well as no one else understands the jokes you TRY to make and then everyone just feels sorry for you.

It is funny cos wen you make a comment most other people will jus think your either weird or lookin for attention or somethin
yet a fellow crohnie will jus piss em selves laughing an say "o I hear ya"

yea it's pretty nuts in hear I'm the youngest person in here by atleast 30odd years
so pretty lonely too.

I'm still waitin here from my drs as too what they want too do annwhat needs too be done etc
so for all I known I could be out today or stuck in here for another month
I'm jus lettin it slide an see what happens, for peace of mind an comfort it's prob best i stay in here aslong as possible til i hav my choice made happen i guess.

As for ya pic - much better lookin than the male persona I'd attatched to the name when i seen it lol
good too hav u aboard an hope ya find what ya need too help keep ya goin
I know this forum has lifted my spirits so far

cd is a depressing disease

Hello,

I cannot post a picture as my avatar nor send a message asking permission to do so. I have a feeling I'll be posting here frequently, so it'll help to have an avatar, I suppose. Help please.

Thanks,

RogerDoger

I noticed I couldn't upload a pic either... Come on, I'm not THAT scary and I promise to not burn out anyone's eyes with nudes. *looks for her halo*

Seems like things have toughened up here! Glad you guys managed to get pics up. RAW, you are GORGEOUS :)

Cackman - which one are you?

Rygon - cool :) Have you ever pooped yourself during a skydive? ;)

Astra

Hey Rob
how come you say senior member when you joined after me? Is this some funny handshake club ?

Joan, you achieve Senior member by the amount of posts you have made.

Besides you DON'T want to shake anyone's hand thats on here, never know how strong thier toilet paper is. lol

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Pirate said:
Joan, you achieve Senior member by the amount of posts you have made.

Besides you DON'T want to shake anyone's hand thats on here, never know how strong thier toilet paper is. lol

Strong??? What do you use sandpaper or steel, Pirate??? LOL:tongue:

Peaches said:
Hee hee!!! I'll PM one of the admins and see if they can give you access for the avatar uploads Lisa!

Thanks much :)

I have to say the bathroom wipes are a heaven sent!

Well I'm not a hottie any more but my wife still is. If I could only get this stupid computer to work right I'd post a picture of us on our 12th anniversary and our 25th. She hasn't changed much.

Nyx said:
We're all hot crohnies! Must be a prerequisite to get this disease...lol Lucky us!!
I'll trade looks in not to have the disease, but I will agree looks must be a prereq!

rygon

shazamataz said:
Rygon - cool :) Have you ever pooped yourself during a skydive? ;)
haha not yet although was close today. Had 10mins to get kitted up and the toilet was calling. Luckily I managed to make both deadlines

Nyx said:
We're all hot crohnies! Must be a prerequisite to get this disease...lol Lucky us!!
That made me bust out laughing and RAW's comment! My husband said if that's a prerequisite, he has nothing to worry about - lol Dork

It is nice to "see" everyone :)

Rob said:
I must be the only ugly crohnie lmao
Nobody is ugly. Nobody is beautiful. These are mere shells; encapsulations.
Vanity corrodes the soul, and those who succumb to it are destined to repeat
their mortal sentence until they learn.

Lol peaches
like I said iPhone doesnt allow that

else I'd of posted a pic of me girls in the furbies thread :)

RogerDoger said:
Nobody is ugly. Nobody is beautiful. These are mere shells; encapsulations.
Vanity corrodes the soul, and those who succumb to it are destined to repeat
their mortal sentence until they learn.
deeeeep!! But true I am sure.....

Rob said:
Lol peaches
like I said iPhone doesnt allow that

else I'd of posted a pic of me girls in the furbies thread :)
Ok - "what" are these girls you keep mentioning?? I'm thinking all kinds of animals...kitties maybe? Don't make me have to borrow someone's iPhone and tell you how to post a pic ;)

Peaches said:
deeeeep!! But true I am sure.....

After more than a year of contemplating an imminent death which
has yet to appear, the truth is something I've grown closer to.
Whatever truth that may be, all paths lead to it.

(With all the pain and suffering I've had during the past while, I
was sure I had cancer. I don't know why, but it was the first thing that
popped into my mind, and my mind obsessed. I prepared for my
demise; attempted to, anyway. I'm halfway there, I believe. Halfway to
the truth.)