• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira

I have to start Humira shots soon. After taking Humira for awhile, does the drug effectivity decrease? I hear these shots help a lot of people. I'm just wondering how long I can expect this drug to make me "feel better"?

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi there, that is a tough question. I was good for 4 months and then didnt work, some have been on it for a year or more and doing great! It depends on your severity and where your Crohns is. Everyone is different so no one can really say how long. I wished they worked for me.

To all humira users.
Anybody feels symtoms like weakness in the legs and sore muscles in both legs and arms ? Read that these effects were common but wanted to hear from this forum as well.

/Uli

M

MikeinBklyn

I'll be watching. I'm starting Humira in 2 weeks and I am very nervous, no, I am scared.

Just wanted to let everyone know there's an existing thread called Humira Club that provides a lot of insight into using Humira with people's stories. Go check it out :)

Ok thanks, 5 iron.
I'm currently in dialog with my GI nurse, since I'm also beginning to be swollen/itchy at the area of injection for a couple of days after taking humira. The pain in my arms is still present. :-(

uli said:
Ok thanks, 5 iron.
I'm currently in dialog with my GI nurse, since I'm also beginning to be swollen/itchy at the area of injection for a couple of days after taking humira. The pain in my arms is still present. :-(
Its ben a week how are you doing now on Humira I think redness were you inject is not to serious but pain in arm is different,how's that doing"

Hi 5 iron,
Thx doing quite well. The redness from the injection diappears after a couple of days, according to the leaflet in the humira package its a common reaction. Arms/elbows are a bit better. Did some research on it and it could just as well be the crohns itself generating the soreness/pain in the joints. Anyway its deteriorating which is positive.