• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ldn just started

ldn just started

i'am 63 yrs old, and i have crohn's i have tried just about every med out there, nothing works. i just started ldn, but its giving me a lot of diaarea. can anyone tell me if this is normal. if this doesn't work i don't know what to do.:depressed: :depressed:

I have never tried ldn but there are some that have taken it or are at the moment on this forum and I am sure they will be able to try to give you advice. I wanted to say dont be depressed :) and welcome!

Welcome Actoby' I'm glad you joined wish I new about idn, sorry can't help you there . I feel bad that your depressed as if your not going through enough maybe you can read more threads about your medicines and depression they have helped me. I now how it feels but I'm also on antidepresstion med. which helps a bit. Hang in there ! There are lots of awesome people hear that can help.

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
if you go to the "treatment" section there is a whole area just for LDN. that may answer some of your questions

I do think increased symptoms is often part of the effect of LDN. The difference is that the symptoms should subside once your body has purged a good share of the bacteria that are causing the Crohn's symptoms.

LDN works opposite of most other meds in that it makes the immune response work more normal instead of suppressing it. A normal immune system would never have allowed these pathogens to survive to begin with. That is my theory on it anyway.

I had depression on and off since I was a teenager. I am now 48 years old but only recently beat depression. It was tied directly to my Crohn's, more specifically, it was tied to the low grade inflammation Crohn's causes.

Once your body is done tossing out bacteria, and gets to a more normal state, you may also notice a change in mood. Depression may have more than one cause, but chronic inflammation is one of them. Just knocking down the inflammtion can rid you of the depression. Right now though, your immune system is causing inflammation because it is part of the immune response. Once that response is largely done, things may change.

You may want to consider using some supplements that can help you along. I use Krill Oil, Turmeric, Ginger, vitamin D-3, Magnesium, and Pycnogenol for many reasons, but the anti inflammatory properties of most of these is the big reason.

The Turmeric, Ginger and Krill Oil in higher doses removed my depression before even using LDN. The LDN has taken over for much of the effect, allowing me to take lower amount of these supplements.

I have been on LDN for over two years, and while it is not a cure, I feel it is as close as you can come to one at this time.

Hang in there, it should get better over the long term.

Dan