• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

Hi, my name is Igor. I am ukranian and was diagnosed with crohn's disease 2 1/2 years ago, as well as acid reflux. I started out with mild-moderate disease and did not take care of myself very well the first time i went into remission, mostly from denial and rage that i had this illness. The disease responded by coming back about a year ago and spreading a little bit and becoming moderate-severe and i am currently trying to juggle the fight against crohn's, college, and work. Sometimes the illness is very depressing being down is almost as bad as the pain associated with crohn's. Im glad i found this forum where i can talk about the disease and learn about it better

Welcome Igor. You will find alot of info and support on this board. My teen has this disease and it has been difficult to deal with. However, there is a way towards remission. Ask for help and the people with knowledge will point you in the right direction. Don't give up! You are not alone!

:welcome: Igor!! I believe you are the first person that I have seen that has posted from Ukraine - very cool!! That is one of my favorite things about this forum - that you get to meet people from all over the planet.

Well buddy - you are not alone - we all understand about this lovely disease. I wish you luck in juggling all that you have going on at the moment and trying to get your disease back under control. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome :)
I love ukranian food mmm!! There is a good place in NYC called Veselka! Good stuff :D

Sorry just wanted to say welcome and now I am in the mood to go get some perogies!

Last edited:
Welcome Igor. Glad you found us and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. lets see, I've now met people from Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, where else guys?

rygon

welcome to the board. Any information, help you need just ask or just bitch about the condition it will be okay.

But more importantly please post some Ukranian recipies. Im quarter Ukranian, sorry to say i cant speak it and me great gran recipies have been lost.

would really love to learn how to make borsch, Can make Varenyky (cheese+ potatoe and onion). Feel disrespectful but cant remember the meal with minced meat and onion wrapped in cabbage with tomato sauce covered when cooking.

farm

Captain Insaneo
Welcome! The depression seems to go hand-in-hand with Crohns. Good news is you just found a whole lot of people that share what you are going through.

rygon

and make sure you tell us all how you feel. Other people have been through the same. Its not strong to hold back your feelings, tell it how it is. Im trying and it helps to know others are like that

If theres any words/ sentences you dont understand just ask we will try and say it another way