• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mea culpa

Kev

Welll, went to the clinic yesterday... (I made the short list of patients who have no GI temporarilly who will be covered by the hospital GI's - mine is on maternity leave)

All went great... Told the Nurse Practitioner who I saw that I've been gaining ground for last 2 weeks... been gaining ground slowly since my last visit to see my GI. We'd discussed slightly altering my meds (schedule, not dosage) to see if that would help with the side effects, and I am on the waiting list for bone density test, and got my bloodwork done without waiting for hours in the lab. Life couldn't be better, right?

WRONG... The nite before, even tho I knew I shouldn't, I ate some roast pork, the other white meat. It wasn't much, and I did everything I could think of to lessen any potential harm... I marinated it first for 90 minutes, I picked only the leanest of cuts, without any visible fat, then I slow roasted it on the BBQ until it was perfectly done. I sliced it into strips so thin you could practically see thru them, and masticated that meat until it was pureed. I gotta admit it tasted fantastic... But, after returning from the clinic, I experienced my first major bleed in months... along with crippling cramps, fever & headache to boot. Think I'm over the worst of it now (altho the jury is still out)...BUT I, AND I ALONE, have to deal with realizing I triggered this lil relapse, and just cost myself two weeks of slowly gained progress

Anyway, I did it. I sentence myself to 40 lashes with a wet noodle. Then I'll pardon me, give me a good lecture, and place me on strict probation... Hope that I learned my lesson. Misery loves company, anyone else here ever spit in the wind?