• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello! Newbie to Internet crohnsy places!

Hi to all,
Im still relatively new to the whole thing as I was only diagnosed last July. I've been taking a pretty light attitude to the whole experience so far which is probably not the best outlook but hey I'm only 18 and teenagers are not exactly known for their wisdom. However I have decided to grow up a bit and learn a bit more about what I have.

My doctor recommened I have a colonoscopy when he found out I wasnpassing blood in my stool so off i went to a frankly terrible consultant and the results didn't come through for about three months. From there things got pretty bad as no one really told me or my family to do and my consultants attitude was "you have crohns disease and well I don't like giving bad news so go figure itnout yourself." helpful much? So my mum first off was relentless in trying to get me to eat healthier etc. And I tried but it was difficult and still is. I have an enormous sweet tooth you see!

The summer was terrible as I had no idea how to control my disease and at one point I ended up on a drip in a tent at a music festival in Budapest for unexplained chronic back pain. The following September I went back to school for my final year- a year filled with the stress of my coming final exams that would define what college I get into and I found myself constantly fatigued and not able to cope with my work load and so we went to a doctor who specializes in homeopathy. He took me off dairy products strictly for a month which was horrible! But it really really helped and he managed to get my energy levels way up which was fantastic and my symptoms were reduced greatly.

That's pretty much the story so far, I must say crohns was probably the greatest coming if age present I could have hoped for I think not. I'm really looking forward to taking part in this site as I have so many questions to ask!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hey blah - glad you found us.
ugh - what a horrible thing for your consultant to say.
If you have any questions, fire away.
Welcome to the forum!
MBH

Astra

Hi Blah
and welcome

Have you got a name? Boy or girl? Where are you?
Glad you found us, we can offer lots of info, support and advice, have a scoot round the forum for tips on diet etc
Are you on any meds?
see you around, any questions, just shoot
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hey blah. Glad you're energy is up... for me that can be the biggest struggle sometimes. I was diagnosed around the same age- so I know what you're going through. Let us know if you've got any questions!

Alex