• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mini-vents

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Bleh. A lot of my co-workers have been coughing and some have had terrible colds or the flu lately, but they still come to work sick anyway which drives me nuts. I try to stay away from them, not touch my face, wash my hands & use sanitizer often, etc. But then yesterday my hubby started coughing too and I couldn't avoid him. Of course he's already feeling better because he's got pretty much perfect health, but about an hour ago I started coughing too. Not sure if this will end up being a cold or the flu, and also not sure who to blame for giving it to me! It could be hubby or any number of co-workers. So I'm just kind of vaguely angry at everyone right now. :p So not happy, and hoping this is just a cold and not the flu. I had my flu shot but from what I hear lots of people are getting the flu around here in spite of having had the shot. So far I'm just coughing but the last time I got a bad cough, it turned into bronchitis - why can't I just feel better in 24 hours like hubby - whenever I get sick it always seems to last for weeks! And no, I'm not even on any immunosuppressants right now, just on Asacol and reflux meds and Amitriptyline. Blah! Stupid whatever virus this is!

One of the things the drives insane are people that come to work sick. I have told people at my office who do that to remember those of us who are susceptible to catching things easier and stay home when sick!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Thanks DougUte. It's even worse in the office today believe it or not. I have to cover for the receptionist at my office when she goes to lunch or if she has a day off, etc. She has the flu but is one of those people who came in sick anyway yesterday, so I had to sit at her germy desk (I used lots of sanitizing wipes!) when she was at lunch yesterday. Today she is out sick so I'm at her desk again all day this time - and get this, the girl who is covering my breaks also has the flu!! Grrrr! And like you said, these people know I have a chronic illness and that viruses knock me down harder than an average person - but they stupidly come in anyway when they're contagious. I have two tubs of sanitizing wipes and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer at this desk, let's hope that's enough to keep the flu away! I was coughing yesterday but I don't feel sick and I'm not really coughing today, so I don't think I'm sick - yet. I'm so frustrated with these sick people who come in and spread their germs all around the office though! I had my flu shot and I read that it's something like 60 to 70% effective this year, so I hope that's enough to keep me healthy. But at least one of my co-workers said she had the shot too so clearly it's still possible to get miserably sick even with the shot. Urgh, I just really don't want the flu.

Izzy climbed up into our bed at 4AM, did her little commando crawl across the covers, and then curled up in a little ball between our heads to go to sleep like she does every early morning...

...and then she vomited all over the bed, with repeat performances (and sheet changes) at 5 and 6. That's when I got up and came to work.

Since I left she's thrown up everything my wife has tried to give her, which has pretty much been juice and popsicles.

I've been procrastinating in finding a new pediatrician (ours is my childhood doctor but I've recently come to realize that he's the pits) and now I'm dreading having to call him.

I really hope Sarah doesn't get this, but with her 6MP I know that's a pipe dream.

Izzy climbed up into our bed at 4AM, did her little commando crawl across the covers, and then curled up in a little ball between our heads to go to sleep like she does every early morning...

...and then she vomited all over the bed, with repeat performances (and sheet changes) at 5 and 6. That's when I got up and came to work.

Since I left she's thrown up everything my wife has tried to give her, which has pretty much been juice and popsicles.

I've been procrastinating in finding a new pediatrician (ours is my childhood doctor but I've recently come to realize that he's the pits) and now I'm dreading having to call him.

I really hope Sarah doesn't get this, but with her 6MP I know that's a pipe dream.
Boo! Hope she has Phenergan around.

Also, to make the bed situation a bit easier, make up the bed in 2 layers. I did this with one of mine who wet the bed. On Izzi's bed, put the plastic mattress protector sheet, then mattress pad, then sheet. Then, repeat. Put on another plastic protector, then mattress pad, then sheet.

That way, if she barfs in bed again, just strip the first layer off, and she's right back in bed while the washing machine saves the day.

I hope it passes soon. No fun, especially if everyone shares the bug. I still shudder to remember years ago when all 6 of us had the puking from both ends bug at the same time. I seem to recall the boys out back puking in the bushes since all toilets were occupado.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
So, I do believe I've started coming down with one of the viruses that's been circulating in my office. I felt fine when I woke up, fine when I went to work, fine for the first hour or so of work, then suddenly started getting waves of nausea and it quickly got bad. It doesn't feel like a flare and I didn't eat anything that would have done this to me, and one of my co-workers yesterday said she was very nauseous in addition to other symptoms, so I'm assuming this is a bug. I went right home and am now in PJs with a puke bag next to me (just in case, I haven't vomited yet so knock on wood) and my heating pad on and some Zofran and Gatorade. Yuck. And to think I would probably be fine if a few sick people had just stayed home instead of coming in to the office and spreading around their damn germs!

I agree about sick people coming into work. I don't know the number of times I've said I have a low immune system and pick up their bugs so quickly, and because of this I've been off sick so much over the Winter!! I did literally go mad at my manager who came in sick and then decided to cough in my face while she spoke to me :mad: sooooo angry!! I was then off sick the day after!!

It seems like this time of year no matter where you go, you risk catching something. I went to the neurologist Tues. for my tremors and the next day, well actually that evening, became ill for three days. Stomachache, D, headaches, sleeping alot. So those that go into work sometimes do cause others to get sick. But would if it's someone who already missed their limit of days off? What should they do then when they are sick? That happened to me yrs. ago. I had crohn's and didn't know it and I would get intestinal flu (I thought) alot and be doubling over with abdominal cramps and D. I missed all my allowed work days and then when I got a bad cold, had to go in sick. This is the problem with amount of days you can miss. But, I understand the employers point of view too.

Apparently I have a partial bowel obstruction....I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. My GI wants me to take extra Entocort and try to ride it out so I'm on an all liquid diet which is the worst! Plus my stomach is gurgling like crazy thanks to this stupid partial obstruction and I really don't feel like sitting in a quiet lecture hall with my stomach this loud, there is nothing more mortifying than your stomach being the loudest thing in a classroom full of people. But I have to go to class, my exams are getting close and I'm stressed the eff out! But I also just want to get in bed. :cry: Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Aw Emily, that's terrible. I hope things get better really soon! I haven't had a blockage myself (knock on wood) but it sounds awful, and to have to go to classes on top of that sounds like a nightmare. :(

I just need to vent about a lot of little things that have snowballed together to make me upset. My oven just broke and it cost almost $300 to fix. It wasn't under warranty. If we had bought a new warranty, that also would have been about $300 so either way we had to pay through the nose. We have one of those automatic robotic self-scooping litter boxes (the really expensive one, not one of those cheapo ones) for our cat, and that broke last week too. It needs a new $40 circuit board - and this will be the second time we've replaced the circuit board in it, and no it's not under warranty either. It may need other parts besides the circuit board too. Besides that, I'm super stressed from work because I got like 6 new projects to do and I have no idea how to do any of them and I have to figure it all out by Feb 1st. (Instead of figuring them out, I'm procrastinating and posting here which really is just adding to my stress but that one's my own fault!) Going to the gym is my stress relief but I'm seriously going every day lately and starting to think about going twice some days because I am that stressed from work & financial crap. I did a hill program on the exercise bike yesterday on my lunch hour and felt like doing it again when I got home even though my legs were already tired. I feel like I do a lot of work but don't make enough money to pay for things when multiple appliances break at once, basically. When it rains it pours. I should just become a personal trainer so I can work out all the time and get paid for it. :p Sorry for the long ramble, thank you if you read it all and sorry if it didn't make any sense.

Apparently I have a partial bowel obstruction....I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. My GI wants me to take extra Entocort and try to ride it out so I'm on an all liquid diet which is the worst! Plus my stomach is gurgling like crazy thanks to this stupid partial obstruction and I really don't feel like sitting in a quiet lecture hall with my stomach this loud, there is nothing more mortifying than your stomach being the loudest thing in a classroom full of people. But I have to go to class, my exams are getting close and I'm stressed the eff out! But I also just want to get in bed. :cry: Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Emily,
I'm so sorry you are having that problem. Mine does that too and I always wondered why. Sometimes my husband looks at me and says, "Is that your stomach???" Wow, what causes that? IDK! I just know it's from the crohn's. It would be so hard in a loud classroom. Did you ever try Gas x ? It might help break up the gas before it gets bad. Or maybe try beano before you eat. Gas x helps me alot. I can't take hyocystine, made me so dizzy and vertigo and nauseated. It helped the spasms but not worth the way I felt! Hope this helps!:Flower:

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Ugh, my co-workers are at it again! I was venting in this thread awhile back because some people were coming in to work sick with colds & the flu, etc. Now, cold & flu season is pretty much over, but it seems like a nasty case of pink-eye is going around. Two co-workers have stopped by my desk today to talk to me, and I noticed that both of them had one pink goopy eye! Eewww! For crying out loud, I had pinkeye a few years ago and I stayed home because I didn't want to infect anyone else. These people know full well that I have chronic health issues so I am more susceptible to infections, but they come and stand a foot away from me with their gross highly contagious eyes! I just hate it. I really hope I don't get it myself, but my left eye is starting to feel a little bit iffy (I'm seriously hoping that's just because I'm worrying about my eyes). Yuck! Just needed to vent about that!

Ugh, my co-workers are at it again! I was venting in this thread awhile back because some people were coming in to work sick with colds & the flu, etc. Now, cold & flu season is pretty much over, but it seems like a nasty case of pink-eye is going around. Two co-workers have stopped by my desk today to talk to me, and I noticed that both of them had one pink goopy eye! Eewww! For crying out loud, I had pinkeye a few years ago and I stayed home because I didn't want to infect anyone else. These people know full well that I have chronic health issues so I am more susceptible to infections, but they come and stand a foot away from me with their gross highly contagious eyes! I just hate it. I really hope I don't get it myself, but my left eye is starting to feel a little bit iffy (I'm seriously hoping that's just because I'm worrying about my eyes). Yuck! Just needed to vent about that!
Maybe take some peroxide mixed with half water and with a moist wipe or tissue close you eye anbd rub it over your eye and do it as many times as you can. I bet that might help prevent it. Or use a shot glass and wash your eye out with boric acid. I remember my x mother inlaw used that when her kids were growing up. Read directions for an eye wash of course!!!:)I looked it up for you, here is the link~ http://www.buzzle.com/articles/boric-acid-eye-wash.html This is a cure as well!!! Teresa:hug:

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I need to vent today. In addition to finding out that Asacol has been suddenly discontinued (http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=49793) and I need to find another remission maintenance med, the pharmacy screwed up my ranitidine refill (they tried to give me 150 mg once a day - hah! - I take 300 mg twice a day, nice try), and work has been crazy and just to top it all off, my car started making a funny sound. Fantastic. I need a hug. And some chocolate. And a bottle of wine.

The wife of one of my best friends has posted on facebook 4 times about how bad a stomach virus she got was, but how she's so happy she has such a great "hubby" to take care of her.

I really want to be rude and say that I've had worse stomach problems every day for 9 years and just dealt with them myself without whining, but I figured it would be better just to post (and whine a bit) here.

Sometimes this disease makes me a better person, more sypmathetic/empathetic, but increasingly lately it's making me more bitter and angry at people who aren't permanently ill.

I try to think of my sister who has chronic wound problems on her feet or someone who still has cancer as mine has gone into remission. Someone always has a worse case scenario. I know it doesn't help your pain hun, but you are never alone. May God give you peace and healing....:ghug:

need to vent that one side of our family is still thinking they know more about this disease than we do. they have the cure, they knew a person who had it, and it didnt seem that bad... they have convinced other family members that we have all over reacted..
boy that feels better!!!!

hugs to all you venters!!

I really dislike the people whom think they know more about the disease than we do. I'm not a mean or rude person but sometimes I just want to tell them that they don't have a clue as to what we go through. There's my vent for the day well for now anyway

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Okay, I need to vent a little. It's a really hot & humid day out. I keep a little container of lip gloss in my car. I didn't realize it was so hot that it would turn my lip gloss into liquid - I figured it'd be soft and mushy, but it was more like molten lava. I opened the container (while driving of course) and spilled hot liquid lip gloss all over my pants! I ruined a pair of pants and made a mess of myself. Plus I feel really stupid, I should have known not to open something like that that's been sitting in a hot car. I really liked those pants too but pretty sure they're ruined now. :( Or does anybody know how to get lip gloss (specifically carmex) stains out of clothing?

:stinks: The only things I know of that might get it out is Kirk's Castile Soap or Goo Gone

IDK why Kirk's Castile is sold on Amazon in Pet Supplies, but it's cheaper in that section than in health and beauty. I've used it for years to remove makeup but my grandmother swears by it to get stains out of clothes. Good luck, it sucks ruining a favorite piece of clothing!

Cat, I googled "carmex stain removal" and found lots of websites with help. I don't know if they'll work, but it seems to be popular to try Dawn dish soap to get the stains out. I hope you can get them out. Nothing sucks worse than ruining a favorite outfit due to stains.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Oh, I think I have some Goo gone at home! I will try that, thanks MountainGem!! If Goo gone doesn't work then I'll try the other one you mentioned. They are nice pants, Calvin Klein dress pants that I wear to work all the time. They fit really well and I got them for a steal (they were $2 like new at the consignment shop!). They're dark navy blue pants so the stain isn't super obvious, but obvious enough.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Thanks Linda, I'll try dish soap if the goo gone doesn't work - and if those 2 don't work then I'll look into buying the Kirk's Castile stuff. I'm glad to know I have several options to try before I toss these pants in the trash! :) Thanks guys!

Non Crohn's Mini vent -

I'm trying to buy a house (yay!) and I found one I like (yay!), but the guy who's selling it is bankrupt (boo!) and so I have to deal with the bank (double boo!) and it is taking FOREVER!

Like, put-in-an-offer-almost-a-month-ago-and-haven't-heard-anything-at-all-yet forever.

Right now, I'm in tremendous pain from my back and hip. I've had multiple MRIs and x-rays, as well as cortisone injections, and they still don't know what is wrong or how to help me. The pain is almost overwhelming. It makes it hard to rush to the toilet when I need to, which unfortunately is several times per day, when it becomes urgent to get there fast.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Copeland, I'm surprised the bank is dragging their heels - when we bought our house, we bought it from a bank, and they just wanted to get rid of it. They were happy to accept our lowball offer, they knocked a few thousand off the price due to a few repairs that were needed, etc. In fact, I had wanted to put the closing date off by a month or two so I could take my time packing and so on, but the bank said no! They wanted to get rid of the house ASAP so they made us bump the closing date up by quite a bit. Anyway, I hope you get the house! Good luck!

This thread is such a good idea why have I not seen this before now. I love to moan!

I am on 40mg of steroids and I feel horrible and crazy. Im also on a course of antibiotics I feel completely drugged up and unwell and I have to be at work for 645 every day (its supposed to be summer boooo) my parents keep going to bed at like 4 and 5am and it wakes me up so past 2 days ive been up since 4am on like 4 hours of sleep :( to top it off I'm so irritable the steroids make me worse but I just feel like people around me don't even bother to try and understand what is like to live like this. I told my boyfriend I've been out on more meds and his response was at least you'll be off them before we go on holiday. Then proceeded to tell me he's going to the gym so he's going to hurt tomorrow. I DON'T CARE! Lol I don't care about going on holiday or if you cause your body to hurt I still feel crap and youre insensitive.

I could keep going but I won't. Urgh

SarahBear

Going to jump in here real quick!

• Mack needs his last set of shots but I can't afford to take him yet. I've been putting it off for almost a month. I feel like a horibble puppy mommy!
  • A month ago, I went to Tennessee for a week with my boyfriend's mom. I work three days a week, so I arranged my days so that I could be gone for an entire week (Wednesday to Wednesday) and only miss one day of work. I did everything with an upcoming due date before I left and made sure everything was squared away. I told my boss I wanted to go until the next Wednesday, but in a foolish attempt to be accommodating, I told him I could return early if something urgent came up. He said it was fine, and then… he made me come home halfway through my trip. I got back to find there was nothing that urgently needed to be done, and certainly nothing that no one else could handle. Yesterday I was informed that my coworker is going on vacation all next week and I have to go in every day to cover for her. Some notice would have been nice! And why is it fine for her to take off like that, but such an issue for me to miss one day?
  • At work today (I'm on lunch), I was required to give out my personal e-mail address to another attorney's client. What?! All they needed was for her to send me a document and for me to print it out. Why couldn't the attorney have handled that?
  • Shadow keeps whining all the time at nothing and I can't figure out what he's grumpy about. :(

Oh, I think I have some Goo gone at home! I will try that, thanks MountainGem!! If Goo gone doesn't work then I'll try the other one you mentioned. They are nice pants, Calvin Klein dress pants that I wear to work all the time. They fit really well and I got them for a steal (they were $2 like new at the consignment shop!). They're dark navy blue pants so the stain isn't super obvious, but obvious enough.
Also using baking soda and a toothbrush scrubbing the spot and rinsing with warm water might work. Or soak in hot water with baking soda and good detergent for a day and then wash.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I'm reviving this thread because I need to vent. Nothing major, but I'm a little bit upset. My boss wants to thank everyone in our group by buying us lunch. She seems to have amnesia about my digestive issues and the fact that I can't just eat whatever I want without thinking about it. Every time food is brought in, it's almost always something I can't eat. This time, she said she'd be ordering pizza. I said, I don't want to be a pain, but I can't have pizza. She was like, oh, fine, I'll order appetizers too so just pick an appetizer instead. I looked at the menu, and all the appetizers are deep fried which I can't have either. I told her not to worry about me, that I can just pack a lunch for myself that day as usual and that I don't expect her to bend to my crazy dietary restrictions. But she insisted I get lunch with the group, so I am ordering a very basic plain turkey sub sandwich on white bread as that's safe for me.

I just kind of hate & dread situations like this, though. For most people, having food brought in is a fun treat. For me it's a nightmare ("don't you want pizza and salad?" "You're so skinny, why aren't you eating with the group?") and I feel like I make it less fun for others or I come across as not being a team player. I'm just sitting here at my desk trying not to be upset about it. Most of the time I don't feel like my illness makes me stand out like a sore thumb - but times like this, it definitely does. And I hate that. I think people get the wrong idea about me, too - I'm thin and I'm eating something different than everybody else is eating, so what does that say about me? Most people at work know I have IBD but they seem to form incorrect assumptions anyway (I hear "you need to eat" and "you're so skinny!" often). I don't want people to think I'm on some weird diet to be skinny or whatever, but I also don't want to tell my co-workers the gory details of what would happen if I ate pizza or fried onion rings with them. Just feeling a little upset about being different and had to get it out there. Thanks for reading. :)

I can so relate to what you are saying! Recently my workplace held their annual "wellness" program. Happens every January with pretty much the same people. Comments about my weight (or lack of it) increases greatly. I get so sick of hearing "I wish I had your diet" I could scream. This year for my personal satisfaction I made sure the candy jar on my desk was kept filled and there was no shortage of dieters who could not say no. Cruel I know...but I have to listen to the insensitive and completely ignorant comments about my health all year.

Cat, I've been having some vents that aren't major, but annoying all the same. For me, it is my husband not understanding that when I say I'm tired, it usually means I'm flat out exhausted. We've been married a long time, and he's been with me in the ER and hospital for many flares, with me when I had a bowel resection, etc. But I've been in remission for so long, he forgets what I mean when I say I'm tired.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Shanen, I don't think anyone would actually want our diets if they really knew even 1/10th of what we go through! My boss actually made a comment to me, when I told her I just want a plain turkey sub for the luncheon thing, she said "I'm sure nobody will be jealous of you." I was like, yeah, I'm jealous of all of them though with their pizza and fried foods and not having to think about what they're eating. The weird part is, one of the people in my group is a guy who has UC! But he's been in remission for decades and can apparently eat whatever he wants - I've seen him eat salad, nuts, pizza, you name it. And he acts like I'm weird when I tell him I can't eat something - I'm like, dude, you have IBD, you should be on my side and not clueless like everyone else!

That's hilarious about your candy jar. :) I have a candy jar on my desk too, but I fill it with icky candy (I admit I am tempted by "good" candy so that's not going in my candy dish). Right now it's mostly got cinnamon hard candies and some of those "starlight" mints that you get for free at most restaurants. :p The upside is, since hardly anyone ever takes my candy, I hardly ever have to bother with refilling my dish! ;)

Mmmmm...Salad...Ironically I miss this more than the candy that I am able to eat but really have no desire to. On the other hand, in the last 6-8 months or so I've had more chicken than ever really I care to.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I miss salad too, I've been daydreaming about it lately. Sometimes I think, "Maybe just a little bit wouldn't hurt?" But the last time I had salad, I had that same thought, and a little bit most certainly did hurt. :( Juicing is as close as I get to salad nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I like juicing and I'm glad I can get nutrients from fresh fruits & veggies that way, but there's nothing like the crunch of a fresh salad. Sigh...

The worst for me is in the height of the summer, when all the fresh fruits and vegetables are at the farmers market, and I am just buying flowers, because even to buy some of that stuff for the rest of the family is too tempting sometimes!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
LindaS, I'm similar when I go to the farmer's market. I'll buy stuff like flowers, honey, potatoes, dog treats. :p Sometimes I'll buy a few veggies to throw in my juicer, but mostly I'll buy non-produce items. My hubby will buy these amazing cheese curds at the farmer's market and I really have to stop myself from eating those - so yummy but dangerous! He usually eats them in one sitting so at least they're not in my fridge, tempting me. :p

Hubby decided to grow cucumbers and tomatoes last year and has the same plans this year. (Usually my hobby but what's the point now??) Sun warmed cherry tomatoes hanging off the plant every time I went into the backyard. Seems especially wrong as he hates tomatoes other than in salsa.

Cat, I've been to the farmers market in Madison, right at the capital. Do you if they still have the spicy cheese bread? I couldn't eat it now, but man, that was yummy!

Cat, I know what you mean by "bringing in lunch". Some time ago our church had a dinner. It was a chili cookoff. Chili, with all the stuff in it (depending on who cooked it) with onions, beans, meat, spices, and all sorts of other stuff that I just can't eat. I felt like a fish out of water. Couldn't eat anything.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Cat, I've been to the farmers market in Madison, right at the capital. Do you if they still have the spicy cheese bread? I couldn't eat it now, but man, that was yummy!
I'm pretty sure they do - I know it's always been a really popular thing here - but I don't know for sure as I don't actively seek it out (dairy + spicy = Cat's tummy is very unhappy). I usually don't go to the farmer's market on the capitol square, either, as it's usually so crazy crowded and difficult to get to a bathroom if it's needed urgently. There are other, smaller, less crazy farmer's markets in town and I regularly go to a couple of those as it's easier to get in, out, and to a bathroom. :)

SarahBear

I've actually been having a few salads lately and so far I'm still standing! There's a Wendy's right across from work and one of my coworkers has started dieting and getting their salads. They looked so good I couldn't resist. :( I do get a half size though. A week or so ago they accidentally gave me a full size instead, and I wasn't feeling too great after that one, but I pulled through. I'm pretty excited about it.

Let's see if I have any mini-vents to whine about.

- No one wants to buy bras and slips from me. Ugh. The company keeps track of what we sell - and for each wedding gown, we're supposed to sell so many bras, slips, headpieces, shoes, and bridesmaids dresses. It reflects negatively on me if I don't meet these standards. I'm getting tired of hearing, "Oh, I'll just wait until closer to the wedding," or, "I can find a bra at Victoria's Secret." I don't know why I'm getting all of these anti-bra and slip brides, but I am less than thrilled about it.

- "It'll be my dog - I'll take care of it." Yeah, right.

- We don't have a magic program that tells us what dresses we have in stock. If someone calls to ask if we have one, we search it on our website to see what it looks like, then actually go look in the racks to see if we have the size they would need. A coworker answered the phone last night, had no idea what to do, brought the dress up on the website (after I pulled it up and gestured at the search bar), then just stared at it and said, "Uh… yeah, looking at it, I think we do have it in stock, yeah." Once glance tells me we don't. I tried to tell her to put the caller on hold so I could explain to her what she needs to do. She did not, so I had to try to explain while she was still on the phone, standing there with a blank expression. She then repeated at least ten times the least important part of what I had told her and ignored the important information. This is why we get unhappy customers. Come on, people.

scottsma

Litter,mostly plastic supermarket bags,fluttering in the hedgerows and on high fences,all winter and summer.And again the next year,and the year after that !!!!

The past four days we've had family in town, and the agenda the whole time was to eat out and drink beer. Eating out stresses me out because there's hardly anything I can eat on most menus, and beer is off limits for me too. Every outing I struggled to find something to eat, often just didn't eat, and drank water.

Depressing weekend!!!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Today's mini-vent: It's just been a weird day at work. A co-worker quit, her last day was Friday. I have to take over some of her duties and it's rather confusing and complex. There's one other co-worker who can help me out with these new duties - so of course, she just happened to go on vacation this week! Ugh, really?

Also, a turkey crashed into the building I work in. It was apparently flying and smacked right into the building and died. I'm the de-facto person in charge of stuff related to the building (yet another job duty I inherited from someone else who quit), so I had to figure out who to call to remove a dead turkey. :confused2: That was a new one. It died right by the front door so people coming & going had to look at a gross dead turkey until the cleanup people came. That was weird.

Oh, and I ordered 50 of the same item online for a work project - they shipped me 49 and said that 1 is on back-order. Really?? Come on. This day is just stupid. :p Although I guess I have to look on the positive side, the turkey had a much worse day than I did.

Mini rant: In the last month 2 of my coworkers (also supervisors) have quit due to my crazy manager. This leaves me as the only fully available supervisor as the other two only do evenings. Now I am ending up working 6 days a week with my manager in a bad mood because we are way short staffed.

My mini-rant of the day is that I work with a team in India. The manager there can't seem to report her metrics properly, so every single month, I have to re-do them before they can be submitted to management. She's 3 levels higher than I am and I have to redo her work every single month.

Plus I was in a meeting today and started getting some pretty icky belly pain. I hate to leave in the middle of a meeting to go to the bathroom, but lately it has been happening more and more.

Cat, I hate, with a firey passion, wild turkeys. They are some mean nasty birds!

So my employer sponsors Friday grill-out lunches at work during the summer months. This week is my department's turn to host it. They decided to serve Brats, raw vegetable salad and chocolate brownies. Seriously??? They know I have Crohn's and can't eat most Friday because of the ingredients commonly used. (I usually have a sandwich at my desk or take a small plate I'm going to throw away anyways so I don't have to listen to the comments.) Is it too much to ask co-workers to be respectful and plan something of a variety to please others also???

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Oh Shanen, I hate food days at the office too so I know just what you mean. My boss is always wanting to order pizza and salad, neither of which I can have. And when she does, the office smells like pizza, which is a lovely smell but I can't actually eat the pizza (lactose kills me) so it's like torture. And then of course people keep coming by my desk asking, "Did you get some pizza?" Uh, no, because I don't want to go home sick or spend half the work day in the bathroom.

For your cook-out, could you maybe request or bring in some plain chicken breasts (or something that's safe for you) to throw on the grill? Or maybe you could say you have an appointment that you can't miss that just happens to take place during your lunch break, and then just go somewhere else for a bit, sit in a park and read a book and decompress while everyone else eats their dangerous foods?

Thanks Cat! I'm not sure there's a solution, mostly I'm just frustrated at the lack of respect being shown by the co-workers I've supported through their various issues. (I've been here 8+ years.) And the lingering lunch smells when nausea is always present is miserable for me some days.

When the departments are responsible for lunches it's supposed to be a "team bonding experience" and we're all expected to participate unless we are gone so I am taking a 1/2 day of time off this Friday. I'll be here to get my job completed, help with the shopping, preparation and setting up. They'll just have to serve and clean up, which won't be too bad for them.

Mini Vent 1# of the day - when it is somebodies birthday in our office they bring round cakes for everybody.....which I cant touch without terrible consequences!!

Its been like 5 peoples birthdays in July...bummer!

My manager at work keeps saying 'does that makes sense' when he is trying to explain something.

Yes it does make sense FFS and you don't need to keep saying it...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My manager at work keeps saying 'does that makes sense' when he is trying to explain something.

Yes it does make sense FFS and you don't need to keep saying it...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oh, n00b! My manager has a verbal tick of saying "You know what I mean?" especially when he's saying something very indirectly. And heaven forbid if you respond, "No, I don't know" because he gets very flustered.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
There's a woman at my workplace whose verbal tic is that she constantly says, "also too". She'll be like, "Our sales numbers were good last month, and also too they should be good this month." Or she'll say, "Can you help me with this project and also too print it for me?" Ugh! I can do it also, or I can do it too, but I cannot do anything "also too" because that's just redundant and annoying. :p Also too has become like nails on a chalkboard for me.

SarahBear

I'm due for a good mini-vent!

I'm starting a new job - possibly career. I'm not locking myself in just yet, but it is something people make a career of, and the company prides itself on how many employees do end up staying and eventually retiring there. I keep getting a lot of, "I wouldn't imagine you doing that," and, "Are you sure you want this?" when I have obviously put thought into it. Everyone is forgetting to just be happy for me. I felt like I had accomplished something, but no one else is looking at it that way at all. Now I keep second-guessing myself, even though I know I shouldn't.

Just go with what you feel superbear, its your choice at the end of the day. Igf its something then you want to do then just DO IT.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I'm so sick of being sick. I have so many ailments (at least 4 extra-intestinal manifestations) that I am in pain or comfortableness every single day. My day is dictated by which ailment hurts the worst that day.

All of them I'm able to handle without pain medication - I am just ALWAYS uncomfortable. pain meds make me too loopy to work/live.

THIS SUCKS!

OK, I'm done. thanks for reading. :)

Grey roots.

I have bought the dye, however, I have so much to do and no energy to do it with that I haven't yet covered my grey demon roots.

Since it is a long weekend, I am pacing myself to do some housework every couple of hours over the next three days. Then do some course work and an exam. Last thing before I go to bed Monday will be dyeing my hair hopefully.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I just have to vent a little bit. There's this huge ongoing project at work that my department isn't supposed to do, but we ended up doing it anyway. It's a frustrating and aggravating and not easy project to deal with - it's been difficult to get answers or the right paperwork, etc. A co-worker and I have basically been splitting up the chores of doing this project - neither one of us likes it, but if we do it together then at least we can compare notes and essentially each only have half of the work. But, apparently my co-worker just snapped and had enough and told our boss that she's not going to do this project anymore. So my boss told me that tomorrow she and I are going to have a meeting about this project.

I can see this going one of two ways - either I convince my boss that I cannot do this project by myself (I truly can't), or I will get stuck with it and have to figure out how to do this project on top of my regular work and probably end up having all my hair fall out from stress. Either I get stuck with the whole project or the project leaves my department altogether. I'm really, really hoping this project just goes away and goes back to the person who was supposed to be doing it in the first place (long story). I'm so stressed just thinking about it, though. I hate the thought of having all the work piled on top of me. My boss knows I have a chronic illness and she's sympathetic to that, so I'm going to remind her that this type of massive stress will just make me sicker and cause me to miss more work, etc. I've also printed out some emails related to the project and I'm planning out what I want to say. But I'm so stressed, I'm almost crying at my desk thinking about what's going to go down in this meeting. I'm also pretty mad at my co-worker for just dumping this responsibility in my lap (she and I are friendly except for this!). And I'm just getting over a cold so my brain fog is pretty bad this week and I'm afraid I won't be mentally sharp enough to say the right things. Ugh, I hate this! I just want tomorrow to be over with and I want this project to go away!

Mini vents... I like this idea.. get em out so they are off our chests so to speak

1. I wish the weather would make up its mind... i dont mind either type really but it would be nice if we didnt go from mid 20s to 70s and back in the space of 6 days
2. Its quite annoying that I know for a fact that my lab results were faxed to the doctor yesterday but they didnt call me and when I called today they said theyd call me back and then didnt *ugh*

I just have to vent a little bit. There's this huge ongoing project at work that my department isn't supposed to do, but we ended up doing it anyway. It's a frustrating and aggravating and not easy project to deal with - it's been difficult to get answers or the right paperwork, etc. A co-worker and I have basically been splitting up the chores of doing this project - neither one of us likes it, but if we do it together then at least we can compare notes and essentially each only have half of the work. But, apparently my co-worker just snapped and had enough and told our boss that she's not going to do this project anymore. So my boss told me that tomorrow she and I are going to have a meeting about this project.

I can see this going one of two ways - either I convince my boss that I cannot do this project by myself (I truly can't), or I will get stuck with it and have to figure out how to do this project on top of my regular work and probably end up having all my hair fall out from stress. Either I get stuck with the whole project or the project leaves my department altogether. I'm really, really hoping this project just goes away and goes back to the person who was supposed to be doing it in the first place (long story). I'm so stressed just thinking about it, though. I hate the thought of having all the work piled on top of me. My boss knows I have a chronic illness and she's sympathetic to that, so I'm going to remind her that this type of massive stress will just make me sicker and cause me to miss more work, etc. I've also printed out some emails related to the project and I'm planning out what I want to say. But I'm so stressed, I'm almost crying at my desk thinking about what's going to go down in this meeting. I'm also pretty mad at my co-worker for just dumping this responsibility in my lap (she and I are friendly except for this!). And I'm just getting over a cold so my brain fog is pretty bad this week and I'm afraid I won't be mentally sharp enough to say the right things. Ugh, I hate this! I just want tomorrow to be over with and I want this project to go away!
How did it go?

SarahBear

- My job is now keeping track of how many Facebook posts we make regarding work. I understand that advertising in any way benefits me as well as the company, but I would prefer 1) that they didn't rely almost solely on free forms of advertising such as this, and 2) that they stayed off my personal Facebook page.

- Eleven hour days. Eleven. Hour. Days.

- One of my dogs has now decided he simply must go out at 4:30 every morning, or he will pee on the floor, then proceed to spend the rest of my should-be-sleeping hours running around like a crazy dog. This does not pair well with… eleven. Hour. Days.

- I think I'm starting to get sick again (not Crohn's sick so much as whatever else is going on with me sick - which may or may not be it's own separate condition) and that does not go well with this ridiculous work schedule, either.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Not well. I have had the project assigned to me for the time being (even though I ended up crying in my boss's office). But after the meeting yesterday, the more I talked with my boss, it became clear that she doesn't understand the scope of it. She told me not to work on it more than a couple hours a week - I laughed and said that isn't possible, it will take up hours of every day. We're having another meeting next week with more people to discuss further. I'm still going to fight to get this project taken off my plate as it's just not feasible for me to do it. My boss did say that if I just can't do it realistically, then she will assign it back to the person who is supposed to be doing it in the first place. So I'm still trying to make that happen!

I've found that at work it is best to come off as though you would do anything in your power to help.

Maybe you could log the time you spend on that and on your other duties. Just a pad of paper. write a time down and what you are doing, every 15 minutes or so. You can compile it nicely later to show them.

Good luck.

You can vent about your hangnail and I can vent about breaking a nail (I had artificials so when it broke it took most of my natural nail with it), sound fair? ;)

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
So my work stress issue has been resolved - that hideous disorganized project has been taken away from me! My boss could see that it was stressing me out too much so she gave it to someone else to work on. Phew!

I have a new vent today though or maybe I just need to work through some thoughts. I found out today that my evil step-grandmother (my mom's stepmom) is in hospice and will likely pass away soon. This woman has been pretty horrible to me, but I've been impressed with her ability to just keep going. She's close to 90, and in the recent past she's been violently mugged, she's been in at least one bad car accident, she's had cancer at least once - but none of that stuff really even slowed her down. I really don't like her though and she doesn't like me, so I won't be particularly sad when she passes. But I feel kind of, I guess I feel bad for not feeling bad if that makes sense? Like, when someone is dying you're supposed to feel bad. So I feel kind of like an insensitive jerk for not feeling sad that she's finally dying. The most emotion I can muster is a bit of disappointment that the seemingly indestructible woman is finally destructing. And I feel sad for other family members who are going to be grieving soon. But I can't really find it in myself to care very much. Does this make me an awful person? I mean, I don't like my step-grandmother because she's awful. But I don't want to be awful too.

I think we are sad when someone passes because we will miss them and it sounds like you won't miss her. Or people are sad because someone did not get to live a full life but she did. You are sad that others will be sad because they will miss her and that is enough. You are not a bad person because you will not miss someone who has not been nice to you

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Thanks Jacqui, I know I won't be sad but I still feel kind of bad that I am not at all sad. She definitely has lived live a long life and it's true that I won't miss her at all. Honestly I barely even know her. She's lived in Florida for my entire life so I've only met her in person a handful of times. But she's so manipulative, and the manipulation got through even from thousands of miles away. Things like, for my birthday one year she'd send me $50 but for my brother's birthday she'd only send him $5. So we thought maybe she was mad at my brother or something? But that didn't make sense because he was only like 6 years old and a grandmothery-type person cannot/should not be mad for any reason at a child. And then the next year, we each got like $10. So was she mad at both of us that year or just feeling stingy or...? Every year was like that. She sent me a large amount of money for my 16th birthday with a note saying, "You're only 16 once!" So we figured my brother would get similar treatment, but nope. I think he got $5 or $10 or maybe even nothing from her when he turned 16. Not sure if she was trying to turn us against each other or just messing with our heads or what. (She's in Mensa and never had any dementia issues so it's not like she mentally couldn't remember from one year to the next how much money she usually gives each kid. And I know, I should be thankful to have received any money from her, but it's still manipulative to be so flighty with what amounts you give to siblings.)

And this one time, she guilt-tripped my mom into visiting her. She had married my mom's father who died shortly afterwards so she had inherited a lot of my mom's family's heirlooms, including their silver cutlery. She told my mom that if my mom went down to Florida to visit her, she'd give her the cutlery. Then when my mom showed up to visit as planned, she didn't want to give my mom the cutlery! She made up some flimsy excuse about how she "lost" it and then just flat out said that she didn't want to give my mom the cutlery after all. Then, when my mom was leaving, she suddenly magically "found" the silver and just wanted to show my mom but still didn't want to give it to her. Finally, very begrudgingly she gave it to my mom literally as she was walking out the door. But my mom was headed for the airport and didn't have time to try to ship it home, so she had to get the cutlery through airport security (fortunately this was in the 90's so security was not as tight back then and after some questioning they let her through with it). There's been so much stuff like that. Or if my mom calls her on the phone, and she doesn't want to talk to my mom, she'll say "I have an emergency here so I'll have to call you back" then never does - but then my mom will worry about what the emergency is, so she'll keep trying to call back but no answer, and there really never was any emergency. So much stuff like that and I won't miss that at all.

So yeah, I'm not really sad in the least. But my cousins and my aunt, for some reason they love her and call her "grandma" (I'm like, seriously, that lady is many things but she is NOT our grandma!). I guess they either don't see the manipulative side of her or they block it out or something. So I know they will be grieving. My aunt even rushed to fly down to Florida today to be by her side. I don't really understand how/why they care for her so much, but at any rate I care for them and it's sad that they'll be sad. That's about all the emotion I can muster though.

Need to vent:

Saw my Dr today again as I have been in a flare for two weeks. One Dr says I have ileitis found via iv cat scan and another says I don't after scopes and biopsies. I present with many symptoms but no relief insight. Grasping at straws for some help. Can a person have ileitis despite scopes and biopsies being normal? Both tests were done at different times.

Im thoroughly annoyed with my body.GI has been watching me for signs of issues resulting from the bleeding we are still trying to get under control so when i was on the phone with her the other day about the continuing humira-insurance circus, i mentioned i was feeling cold and lightheaded and exhausted. She has (correctly i know) decided this may be related to the bleeding but because its cold and flu season and im on multiple meds that can decrease my immune response, she wants me to see PCP first to make sure i dont have some unrelated infection. this is the correct course of action, dont get me wrong, its just annoying to have to see PCP later today, opthalmologist on Friday, and then possibly GI depending what the PCP finds/says. My poor fiance is really confused half the time. He has *A* doctor, i have like.. a team at this point

Cat - you are not a bad person for not feeling sad :) love your honesty.

My vent is this: I'm scared because after my surgery (two feet of small intestine removed) - i'm still not in remission. the mercaptopurine isn't working, so doc wants me to see specialist - closest appointment was two months away (how much more damage is being done while i wait for this appointment - i want answers now) - so and at my appointment we'll be discussing which poison to pick (do we increase the mercaptopurine, do we add cimzia, humira, remicade? - all increasing my risk of getting lymphoma - yay - with still no friggin guarantees that i'll go in remission)

I'm scared. I don't feel good. I have so much anxiety. and to top it all off my boyfriend broke his leg - so the last 4 friggin feet of snow has been on me. (thank god my neighbor up the street has helped - he's been plowing - but the roof raking, the chipping at the ice dams...)

i'm tired. I feel so ugly. I've gained weight. I want to curl in a little ball and hybernate

I love my husband but really need to vent, rather than yelling and screaming. I have Crohns, have had it for 23years, no real remission in that time. Been married for 16 years. In that time have had 3 lovely children, who have seen mum go in and out of hospital a fair bit.
I work 34hrs per week as well as look after a 9,13 and 13 year old plus my husband. I had to have an ilieostomy almost 3 years ago, my worst ever nightmare. I have survived and keep going because of my family.

Today I was discharged from hospital after a bout of gastro left me severely dehydrated. I was in for 3 days on a drip 24/7 and in agony with stomach cramps. I got released tonight on good behaviour. When I rang my husband to let him know he said he was busy but if I grabbed my things and waited out front he would see what he could do. He arrived 1/2 hour later. Got home and he was having an argument with miss 13, to which he turns around and says 'I hate you all' I'm over this. He then comes back and apologises saying he is tired and 'isn't handling my illness very well at the moment'.
To keep the peace I cooked dinner for the family and just wanted some toast for myself. There was no bread.
So now I'm curled up on the lounge unable to sleep and wondering if this is it. Has the retched disease that has eroded my insides now destroying my life.

Feeling really sad and unloved. Just wanted to come home and go to bed. What's the point of living with this disease. It just screws everything up.

I think I overdid it with the exercise today. I was so energetic in the morning and then I went to work out and the day was all downhill after that. Pain and aches. Boo.

I need this thread!!

I have had headache since January, my belly really really hurts today, and I greyed out/nearly fainted on my last trip to the toilet. Plus, I'm still running the 99.5 temp I've had since the 5th of the month, when I'm normally 97ish.

I'm in a flare and feeling very lonely. Everywhere I look people seem healthy and happy and I'm just feeling miserable. I have lots of great friends, but none who can really understand a chronic illness - somehow I really just want to explain the last 12 years of sickness to someone who will understand, a little like I need to justify myself and have someone say I did the best I could.

Also, the weather just got really nice here in the mountains and I just want to be out hiking! Not pooping.

Also my roommate smokes and eats an entire pizza literally every day and enjoys perfect health, which is pretty annoying.

Also, it would be nice to fall in love with someone?

Also, I normally leave work at 4 but someone put me in a 4 o'clock meeting today... on a Friday. :(

5 rants for the price of one! How bout that!

I'm in the hospital with a bad flare (second time in 6 weeks ) and my fiance of 3 years is long distance right now due to work. He hasn't been to see me either time. (First hospitalization was 8 days, I've been here 4 so far) and he just broke up with me via text message.

I hope this is just a blip in our relationship but at this point I'm not sure how much more stress I can take.

DUDE WHAT!?
Aiyale, you don't need someone who breaks up with you via text. You and your health are better without that kind of stress.

DUDE WHAT!?
Aiyale, you don't need someone who breaks up with you via text. You and your health are better without that kind of stress.
The crazy part is that he is literally my other half. I have never ever had any doubt that he loves me from day one. If anything, I've been the hesitant one in the relationship. So I'm not sure where this is coming from. I'm just trying not to freak out you know?

Sorry, I'm a fierce mama bear type. When someone does something like text message breakup, my instant response is teeth and claws. *HUG*

I know. And after everything we've been through I just don't know what to think. When I calm down I'm thinking of texting his mom, her and I are really close and I think maybe she can help me make sense of the whole thing.

Hi Aiyale,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation :-( I'm going through something similar - I'm recently out of hospital for a flare up and my boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue a couple of weeks ago. We hadn't been together as long as you and your fiancé but he was a very important person for me.

In my case I can't help but think that the Crohn's and the fact I've been ill recently has something to do with it, but then I think if someone can't handle being with me when I have a flare up then they're certainly not the right one for me.

I know it's not easy but I agree with brooklyn23, your health is what's most important and you don't need that kind of stress. Anyway it seems like you're doing the right thing, waiting until you're calmer and then working out what YOU want to do.

Big hug!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I have a mini vent today. Between the IBD and the Entocort that I was on most of last year, I've lost some hair. Like, more than I had realized. I have to go to a fancy work event soon so I did "practice hair" a few days ago to figure out how I'm going to make my hair look nice for the event. And when I did practice hair, that was when I realized just how much hair I've lost. It depressed me so much. I feel very un-pretty.

Part two of this vent, I was telling my boss about my hair loss and she was sympathizing with me. But then a female co-worker rudely interrupted and tried to one-up me. She cut in and said in a mean way, "Well, so what, I'm losing my hair too. I'm going to be bald!" Um, okay, what do I even say to that? I just changed the subject because I didn't even want to talk to her. She could have said something supportive like, "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear it, I know how you feel because I'm losing my hair as well." That would have changed the whole tone. But instead she was very rude about it and tried to "win". This woman is a new addition to my department and I wasn't sure how I felt about her, but after what she said, I definitely don't like her.

(She also complains a lot - my office is not her home office, so the company reimburses her for meals whenever she's here, so she basically gets free meals at least 3 days a week - but she complains about that too, she's been complaining that she's gained weight! She can go to whatever restaurant she wants and eat what she chooses, it's her choices, but yet she complains that all these free meals that she gets are making her gain weight like it's somehow not her responsibility for what she puts in her mouth! Ugh. I really don't like her.)

....Cat, I can't even with people like that. They just want to complain about something.

I'm having a crappy morning, pun intended. Large BM this morning when I got to work, soft and formed but it HURT. I definitely have some skin irritation going on, but I have internal pain below my belly button as well.

I probably should not have worked out yesterday, but I did anyway, even if only for 20 minutes and today is just... bleh. Discomfort and fatigue.

Mini vent time: Today I foolishly thought that I could tolerate the teensiet bit of cake known to man because I was celebrating a big life step.

A couple of bites of cake wasn't going to hurt, right?

WRONG. Now I can't sleep, am in horrible pain, am swelled up to the point that I look preggers, and am belching enough to put Homer Simpson to shame. Oh joy.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Today's vent: There's a big meeting at work that some of the managers are going to (I'm not going to the meeting, thankfully). Everyone's freaking out about it and tensions are high. I am known around the office for being good at spreadsheets, and today everyone has wanted spreadsheets from me that they can use at this meeting. I did 3 different spreadsheets for 3 different people and I was pretty proud that I was able to do so much work so quickly, and everyone seemed very satisfied with what I had put together. Then I got this weird phone call from one of the spreadsheet recipients - she wants to know why I did a spreadsheet for someone else, what data did I use, why did that person want a spreadsheet, what exactly did she want and why didn't I give her this other data that would have been better and so on? This phone call was so weird and accusatory, she made me feel like I did it wrong and it wasn't even her spreadsheet! I did the spreadsheet because my boss told me to and because this other person wanted this particular data, which she's entitled to have. But I was made to feel bad, like I did something wrong for doing this spreadsheet. I'm stressed out already and that phone call has me crying at my desk (I seem to cry at my desk a lot, but it's been a few weeks since it last happened - I was on a good streak for awhile there). Seriously, I'm just a low-level support staff office worker and I just do what I'm told, I shouldn't be made to feel bad for doing my job. Ugh, this day. I don't expect a lot of thanks and praise for doing my job and doing it competently, but I also sure don't expect to be given the 3rd degree and made to feel bad for doing my job and doing it correctly.

My boss just walked by my desk and saw me and she said, "You look like you're crying!" I freaked out and was like, "Noooo, no, ha ha, nooo, it's just, allergies. Springtime. Allergies!" And gave a big fake smile. But I think she knew what was up because she told me I can leave early and/or come in late tomorrow. At least she's got my back. I still feel like a stressed-out idiot though. And started crying again the second she walked away. Bleh.

My dog was diagnosed with cancer the same time I was diagnosed with crohn's. She was like my husband and my first child...she was such a part of our family. My kids adore her. We had to put her down last weekend and I can't stop crying and feeling sad. And I'm a stress eater....so I'm gaining weight and feeling constantly bloated and distended. Ugh....