• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still no diagnosis

I am kinda worried. I had an MRI five days ago and I'm so afraid they find nothing. My doctor felt a swelling in my lower stomach and it hurts a lot. I also suffer from Crohn symptoms, including perianal infection. My doctor thought I had an ovary cyst or inguinal hernia but this is not the case. I lost 4.6 kg, since my doctor knows this she seems to take it serious and has even called me to say that she wants to speak me after my appointment in the hospital. Anyone else who had several other possible diagnosis that turned out to be untrue?

I never had experience with an incorrect diagnosis, but I think that's because the doctors/the GI I've talked to are careful to be quite non-committal and will mostly state what the symptoms strongly suggest.
Good luck and I hope you can get a diagnosis soon!